Wednesday, October 7, 2020

September Crazy Domino Event - Projects 13-16

I'm a little late posting about the end of the September event. I'm sure you're all very surprised by this with my sporadic blogging in the last couple years. 

I really enjoyed this event and it was great to get some good stitches into some WIPs that haven't had much attention in the last year or more. 

First up is yet another dragon project. For Project 13 I picked up Do Not Meddle because it also has dragons, like Mini Winter Magic (Project 12). I started here:


and although I only needed to stitch 1300 stitches, I ended up stitching 1420 because of some other FB games. I ended here:

Do Not Meddle by Dragon Fire Designs
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct Monaco as charted 

If anyone remembers this one, I'm stitching it for someone that can't stitch much any more and I'm taking much too long getting it completed. I'm glad to get almost one half of the dragon complete, so hopefully I can get this one out again and get some more progress. 

For the next project, I linked them by saying I'm also stitching it for someone else. I chose Princess and the Dragon so I can get a little more done on it. It's so close! Here's where it was:

another 1410 stitches gets this moved along to here:
Princess and the Dragon by Charting Creations
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct Amarinthine by Chromatic Alchemy

Unsurprisingly, I had yet another dragon project I wanted to work on. This time I linked them through the fact that each dragon has a hoard. The above one has a hoard on the far left of the project, and this newer project you'll see some of it on the end point. Here's where I started on Project 15:

and after 1500 stitches, this is fairly close to a finish:
Messy But Mine by Dragon Dreams
stitched 2 over 2 as charted on 16ct Cirrus by Chromatic Alchemy

I feel like I need to go through my WIPs and see which ones just need about a week to finish. I feel like there's a fair number of them now and maybe that will be the December plan. Focus on a finish for as many as I can. This next one won't be in that category. It's still years away. And that is Bailey Basset. Those with good memories may note that I did make it to 16 projects this month, which is one more than my goal of 15. I'm very happy with that. I linked to this next project by saying I'd like to have a dragon as a pet, and I did have a basset hound as a pet. Here's what Bailey Basset will look like some day, and where it started:


and 1600 stitches, or 3200 tent stitches, moved it along quite a bit:
Bailey Basset by HAED
stitched 2 over 1 tent stitch on 25ct gray linen


And there we have it! The end of the September event and lots of stitching completed on several neglected WIPs. It was a thoroughly enjoyable event and I will definitely participate next year. Hopefully it won't be all the same projects. :)

I hope you're all well and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

 

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love that dog design, so sweet.
    You have added loads of stitch's to your designs.
    Have a great day

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, the basset is a fun one. For some reason I thought that since it wasn't the full coverage it would be quicker. :)

      Delete
  2. Your progress on all these projects are amazing! The dragons look great:D I also have some projects I SHOULD work on that are close to being finished...but it's much more fun starting new projects, isn't it haha?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And don't we all? ;) I will have some new starts in November, so I think working on WIPs to completion might be a nice way to round off the year.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous work on your dragons and doggy. I like the way you connect each one, that's a fun idea for a challenge.
    I also like the idea of the Focus on a Finish for a month. I am STILL trying to decide what to stitch for Naughty November. Too much choice LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult to decide. I keep thinking I have my 4, and then I think of something else I've been wanting to start. I'm definitely trying to keep the stitch count down if possible though.

      Delete
  4. Yah, more dragons! Great progress on them all. I think I might need to make next year the year of dragons for me.
    Your basset hound is going to be very colourful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not a bad idea. Or maybe set a goal to finish in 2024 since that's the next Year of the Dragon? Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic progress on everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on finishing this brilliant challenge. Given that you said you'd join in next year, that gives you plenty of time to work out which projects to work on. You could even 'conveniently' leave the right amount of stitches on each project so that each one also becomes a finish. How cool would that be? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a lot more organized than I usually am. :) I'm predicting I'll have a lot of WIPs though if we start another 17 next year!

      Delete
  7. Wow, that was a great stitching month for you! That challenge prooved highly sucessful for you. Loved seeing all those projects progress, and I'm looking forward to seeing which one will be getting finished by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was nice to have a challenge that fit my mental state at the time, so I was able to get a lot done!

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...