Monday, November 8, 2021

Naughty November 2021 Start #1

It's November! That means time for a few more new starts before the holiday stitching kicks in, or the race to finish WIPs by the end of the year. However you stitch, if you're interested in joining Rachel's and my insanity, she's got a link-up widget on her blog. Her first post is up as well, so you can see her great new start. 

We did discuss what we were thinking of starting and we had 1 of the same patterns for March next year. It turns out I was able to get Moonrise before the start of November, so we're working on the same project for Naughty November. We even managed to both work on the same one this weekend. :) 

The four small projects will eventually look like this:

Interestingly, the first pattern in the packet is the 3rd one in the above photo. Here's my start:
Moonrise #1 by Whispered by the Wind
stitched 2 over 1 on 14ct Illusion by Silkweavers
with DMC as charted and Etoile for the moon

Rachel got me interested in stitching both this set, Moonrise, and the other set, Moonset, which I already had. And 2 days of stitching, which was about 900 stitches, is almost a finish. One more day might do it since it's just the moon, filling in the gravestone, backstitching the crows and a little bit more of the upper branch. 

I hope if you decide to join in or not, you've had a good stitching weekend!

Stay well and happy stitching,

Tiffstitch

12 comments:

  1. Snap!! I wasn't sure whether to start them in their ornament, picture or random order but ornament order it was.
    You obviously had a great weekend of stitching too, and have also opted for a bit of Etoile; well, why not?
    Thanks for joining me in this madness... not that it took a lot of persuading!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not. I'll never get through my stash if I don't start things. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Oh, great start, and it really looks like you are almost done already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, it goes quickly with the limited palette.

      Delete
  3. Tiffstitch: I really like the gray mottled fabric, I think you picked a perfect color.
    Cute designs.
    900 stitch's in two day's that a load of cross's.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a good couple days of stitching for once. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice start! I love the fabric you chose and that it should be a quick finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new start! Love you crazy girls. I will be cheering you along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've already said how much I like this set! I think I need to find a supplier for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good one. We're going to use our colour changes for the last one too to keep them similar to the other projects.

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...