Sunday, October 20, 2024

Delay Again, Anyone Surprised? :)

Hello all! So, with all those well-laid plans in place, of course, the following Thursday I injured my right elbow and hadn't been able to do any kind of stitching or knitting for several weeks since my last post. 

It turns out, that if you're injured and _can't_ stitch on anything, you really, really want to. So I was making plans, and doing this and that, and sometimes stitched 2 stitches on Do Not Meddle. Literally 2, because more hurt too much. Same with knitting, maybe 60 stitches some days, and that was all for weeks and weeks. 

However, things have been steadily improving and by being careful, i.e. using the mouse with my left hand for about a month, mostly doing everything left-handed instead of using my dominant right hand, etc. I have been able to craft again! 

Just in time for me starting to feel better, Urban Stitches came out with this really cool Gothic Gate blackwork pattern:

And something about it called to me, so I went to my fabric stash and found some Chromatic Alchemy that I thought would work with black thread. I worked at it for several days, little bit here and there and finished it!
Gothic Gate: Kenmore Gate of Taymouth Castle by Urban Stitches
stitched 1 strand black on 28ct Jamboree by Chromatic Alchemy

I also picked up Do Not Meddle for a bit when I finished this because I felt up to doing cross stitch instead of straight stitches, so it has progressed to here:
Do Not Meddle by Dragon Fire Designs
stitched as charted 1 over 1
on 28ct Monaco

There's really not much to go, so still a good chance I can get this finished this year. I had planned on working on one of Whispered by the Winds designs, but I almost feel like getting this completed and having it off my plate. We'll see how the month goes. Plans go out the window with injuries, so it's okay to figure it out and not stress about "goals". All my goals have had to be loose anyway the last few years. 

I hope you've all been doing well without any injuries and have had good crafting successes!

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch




1 comment:

  1. So sorry you have an injury, I hope you are all healed up soon, I had to use my left hand for stitching a while ago, it was not easy for a right-hand person.
    Love the Blackwork design, congratulations on the finish.
    Do Not Meddle looks great so close to the finish.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Delay Again, Anyone Surprised? :)

Hello all! So, with all those well-laid plans in place, of course, the following Thursday I injured my right elbow and hadn't been able ...