I think this is my 3rd Lizzie Kate design in this year of starts. I have a fair few, since they're usually not too expensive and deceptively small, so it seems like you can stitch lots of them. I probably have more to go in the pile? And here we are at the halfway mark!
The big 50th start is kind of a milestone, but since I started so many larger projects last month, I decided to just keep going. Maybe the 100th start will be something special? We'll see when we get there.
Eventually this one will look something like this:
Going through my fabric stash is always interesting, like why do I have so many shades of blue and green and not many neutrals? Obviously I tend to buy those colours because they're my favourites, but there's only so many charts that work on those colours. I did find a scrap of fiddler's cloth (I think) and decided to work one over one since 2 over 2 seemed a little weird. Possibly only because I'm used to evenweave.
Here's my progress photo:
Unwrap the Joy by Lizzie Kate
stitched 1 over 1 on 20ct? fiddler's cloth
with DMC as charted mostly
The beard is charted in Wisper, but that doesn't really work on this small of a count, so I went with DMC 3865 for the beard and sideburns, then B5200 for the cuffs and faint snowflakes. I worked on this a fair bit and only managed this much of it, but it's a decent start.
Definitely not my favourite fabric and I should have chosen maybe blue for the snowflakes, but it's fine for now and I'll get it finished some time.
Hope you've all had a good day or two of stitching!
Happy Stitching,
Tiffstitch


It's cute on this fabric, but it does look like it might not be too comfortable to stitch on!
ReplyDeleteExactly. Oh well, it will still get finished.
Delete