Sunday, October 4, 2026

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #88 - The Menagerie: Highlander by Bothy Threads

Of course I had to buy something from Paine Free Crafts while I was there. I wanted to find something I couldn't easily get here in North America, and this Bothy Threads kit definitely fit the bill!

So cute, plus I don't have anything similar to it. I hadn't come across these box kits from Bothy before. There was a note inside about having all recyclable packaging, so this is maybe a new thing. Of course this is the first project I started, but it did take me a few days to acclimate back to North America. 

Here's what it looks like inside the box:

And today I had a fair bit of time to stitch and got a few different colours in. I was starting with just one, but I think it will be easier to stitch one threadlength at a time with whichever colour is easiest to get to. The aida is really beautiful, and 14count, so easy enough to stitch on. Here it is so far:
The Menagerie: Highlander by Bothy Threads
stitched 2 over 1 on 14ct kit printed aida
with kit threads

I think that's 3 or 4 different oranges in there already, so there's going to be a lot of that colour. The yellow was good to sort of set up the outline. I don't know if you can see the Nurge hoop, but I tried that out. It wasn't as tight as my Qsnaps, so not sure if I set it up correctly. I'll try again and see. 

Really enjoying this one, although you have to pay attention to the symbols. It's a paper chart, so a little more work. Someone mentioned you can put paper charts in Markup R-XP, so I might have to give that a try and see if I can use it for some of these projects. 

I hope you've all had good stitching days!

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch

1 comment:

  1. The Highlander Cow is so adorable, nice start on the design, love the fabric color choice.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #88 - The Menagerie: Highlander by Bothy Threads

Of course I had to buy something from Paine Free Crafts while I was there. I wanted to find something I couldn't easily get here in Nort...