Thursday, May 30, 2019

School of Magical Stitches and Literature, Year 4, Week 3


I'm a bit late posting this one, as this happened last week, but I'll try and keep to separate posts now to keep them from getting too long again.

This week we are welcoming the other schools and the champions have all been selected. There was a surprise 4th entrant in the Tri-Wizard tournament since the Goblet of Fire used to choose each school's entrant is only supposed to choose one student per school. Our champions are Victor Krum of Durmstrang, Fleur Delacoeur of Beauxbatons, Cedric Diggory of Hogwarts and also Harry Potter of Hogwarts.

Our assignment this week is to stitch 200 stitches of a certain colour for each champion, and an additional 200 stitches in our favourite champion or the one we hope will win.

1) 200 stitches in brown for Victor Krum of Durmstrang:

I got my basset hound out again, which was here:

 and got a little more expression, and maybe a little creepier too without eyes to here:
Basset Hound by Brenda Franklin
stitched 2 over 1 on 14ct navy aida as charted with DMC

2) 200 stitches in yellow for Cedric Diggory of Hogwarts (Hufflepuff)

For this one I got out an old WIP that hasn't been touched in a while, Twilight LeMans and it was here:
and after 200 more stitches in yellow:
Twilight LeMans by Heritage Stitchcraft
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct? linen with charted DMC

3) 200 stitches in blue for Fleur Delacoeur of Beauxbatons

I got out Ocean's Curiosity for this one which was here:
and is now here:
Ocean's Curiosity by Who Knew?!?
stitched 2 over 1 with WDW Michael's Navy on 16ct aida from Colour Cascade fabrics 

4) 200 stitches in red for Harry Potter of Hogwarts (Gryffindor)

Fortunately, room 1 of the Universal Monsters SAL has red curtains, so that was perfect to get a quick 203 stitches in:
and I chose Harry as my favourite champion as well to even things out in the curtains:
Universal Monsters SAL by Witchy Stitcher
stitched 2 over 2 as charted DMC on Al's Dark Magic by Chromatic Alchemy

And there you have it, last week's homework assignment all completed. I'll try and get this week's up in another post tomorrow or Saturday, which is already June! 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

7 comments:

  1. Great progress Tiffany. I really enjoyed stitching that week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany: You have such lovely designs going, I am really looking forward to seeing the dog finish.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bassett hound has really grown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A much less complicated and easy-to-stitch set of tasks this week, and it's done wonders for your progress again. I hope a task includes eyes soon (something about Mad-eye Moody perhaps?) as the Bassett Hound really does need them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took the easy route on this one and did penalty stitches, but it's so much more fun to go digging in my old WIPs! You have some really great ones going on there, and the basset hound is getting really close now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice progress. I love how you had to even up the curtains!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...