Monday, July 29, 2019

School of Magical Stitches and Literature, Week 1, 2, 3 and 4 Conclusions!


A long overdue catch-up post is here! July has definitely been a busy month, and let's go back to Week 1 of Magical Stitches.

If you want to check the original post, you can find that here. Our tasks were to stitch 300 stitches each on something boring, something out of rotation for over 5 months, and something without a face. I decided to stitch all 900 stitches on AAN Maple Leaf and got quite a bit done. It started here:
and after 900 stitches was here:
AAN Maple Leaf
stitched 2 over 1 on 14 ct unknown aida with WDW Fire

Week 2 - we were visiting 12 Grimmauld Place, Sirius Black's family home and therefore we had to stitch 500 stitches on 2 of 3 possible WIPs. We had to link our WIP list as well. Our choices were WIP 1, 2 or 12 on the list. I decided on 1 and 2, which were See Ya Later Alligator and Kiss for a Snowman. 

WIP 1
543 stitches later:
See Ya Later Alligator by Jodyri Designs
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Nuriel's Forest by Chromatic Alchemy with stash threads

WIP 2 was here:
and 501 stitches later:
Kiss for a Snowman by Dimensions
stitched 2 over 1 on 16ct aida with kit threads

Week 3 - I had posted about needing help here if you'd like to refresh your memory on this post. Basically we had to stitch on things Professor Umbridge likes, which included kittens, the colour pink, tea, RULES, and STRICT. 

Leonore saved my bacon by mentioning that the Universal Monsters SAL has a cat in it, and I had forgotten, so I stitched on that one for kittens and for RULES since it starts with "U" and the design had to start with a letter from that word. It's now here:

For tea, they decided leaves were allowed, so I pulled out Maple Leaf again:
This is a little farther along because I had used it for the Stitchy Quest for the one ring as well. It's practically finished really. 

For pink I was able to use Kiss for a Snowman again and moved it along to here:

and lastly, for a designer that starts with a letter from STRICT, I chose Charting Creations Princess and the Dragon:
Princess and the Dragon by Charting Creations
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct Amarinthine by Chromatic Alchemy with DMC 310

Week 4 - this week we're in detention because we keep speaking out in Umbridge's class like Harry Potter. We were to stitch 1000 stitches on something with words or 1000 stitches in black or blue (ink colours). I decided to pull out Butterfly Quote again which was last here:
and after 860 stitches (missed out on 1000 because of migraine Sunday)
Butterfly Quote by Jodyri Designs
stitched 2 over 1 on 14ct aida with Jodyri and WDW

It's a busy week again, so I'll try and post the Magical Stitches info and keep up with the Stitchy Quest as well. Thank you as always for all your help in keeping up with the homework!

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

8 comments:

  1. Awesome progress on all of your lovely projects Tiffany.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I hope you're doing well going for 2K stitches this week!

      Delete
  2. I love all your projects but the Maple leaf is my favorite.

    Happy Stitching.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome progress Tiff! Don't you just love Magical Stitches and the One Ring for getting progress done on the WIPs! Both groups rule my life ;o)
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome progress, especially on that Maple Leaf! You're really making your projects fit (glad to have been of help with the kitty!). Thanks to our emails yesterday, I'm mostly set for this week too (expect for the red sparks, I'll stitch penalty on that one...I just don't own any red metallics, and have nothing with that many red beads!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. More great work and a near finish too! So good to see you having such a fun time moving everything along. Here's to Maple Leaf being finished very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love these quests! The maple leaf is stunning; the first picture of it reminded me of some lettering you would find in a Tolkein book! I hope your migraine has well and truly gone away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Maple Leaf is just gorgeous, it's great that this quest has helped you almost complete it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...