Sunday, March 15, 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness - March 2020 Edition

Here we are, halfway through March already and it's that time again to show off the projects we've been given or are giving away to someone.

Check out Jo's blog for all the fun and I hope you've all been staying safe and healthy! Also, thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad that I caught the flu well before COVID-19 showed up in the US and didn't have that worry as well. I do work in health care, so being extra cautious is the current norm. Stay safe everyone!

On to the fun stuff, stitching! All of these are likely for DD. :)

Mini Winter Magic got a fair bit of progress while I was recovering. I thought it would be good to work on some confetti since my stitching speed was fairly slow anyway and enjoy the process.
 Mini Winter Magic by HAED stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 28ct white Monaco

Princess and the Dragon - it's over halfway complete! 55% according to Pattern Keeper, and that app makes stitching this so much easier! I still feel a finish this year is out of the question, especially as the conference I usually stitch at is being reschedule for who-knows-when, but you never know. I'm very much enjoying it. 
 Princess and the Dragon by Charting Creations
stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 28ct Amarinthine by Chromatic Alchemy

Letters from Nora (H) - look what finally came back out! I do think it's possible to get both this one and the G complete this year, so I think they may stay out for a while. 
 Letters from Nora H
stitched 2 over 2 as charted on 28ct Nuriel's Forest by Chromatic Alchemy

Butterfly Quote - this has come out recently for the Jodyri/KLT/Circus competition this month. It's on Facebook if you're interested, although we're well underway at this point. At certain times you have to stitch with hand-dyed thread, or on a Jodyri/KLT/Circus design, so this is a Jodyri design with Jodyri thread mostly. It may get a little more work this month as well. 
 Butterfly Quote by Jodyri Designs
stitched 2 over 2 on 14ct aida with mostly Jodyri and one WDW thread

Look for Rainbows - this is a new start for the competition and I liked the concept of this one, even though it's quite simple. 
 Look for Rainbows by Circus Stitches
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Jodyri Pink Elephants on Parade with Soie Cristal Mer and as charted for the rainbow letters

Mini Waterhole Master - I hope to get another 2K or so into this one this month and then pick up Faery Tales again. I'm trying to work in 4K blocks to see decent progress on each one before switching. 
Mini Waterhole Master by HAED
stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 28ct Crafty Kitten Sunrise fabric

And I'm back full in the swing of stitching, plus the current level of stress has me stitching more to help my anxiety, so look for more progress coming up. 

Fingers crossed we can get ahead of this globally. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

12 comments:

  1. Lots of great progress Tiff.
    I think we crafters will all have good updates as we stitch or craft more to deal with the anxiety facing us all over the world right now. Maybe others will take up needle and thread and give it a go?
    take care, stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to read you are well, stay safe. You've a lot of lovely progress this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've got a lot of pretty pieces on the go! I love the Princess and the dragon, such a pretty color of fabric too! I'll be back to watch your progress. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice March post! I hope you'll organize your schedule to work on Princess and the dragon, it's my favorite! Bisous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful progress, I bet it feels good to be back to good health and getting in so many stitch's.
    Have a lovely week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic progress! It seems like I can't concentrate right now. I want to stitch just think of everything else instead. Be safe. Glad you are back healthy. Hope you and your family stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the progress on Princess and The Dragon.
    The Nora Letters are pretty quick once you focus on them. I did a couple in quick succession one year. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I think you're certainly feeling better and have plenty to show for it! I'm sure you can finish H and even G, plenty of time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of great stitching this month, Tiff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to hear you're better and getting a lot of stitching done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stitching Tiffany. I just heard today that many of the health workers are getting this virus...Please, please and please be so careful out there. You certainly have a lot of pretties on the go with your stitching. I always love stopping in and seeing what you have been working on. You continue to be every so careful and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely gifts that DD wants to claim! PK is obviously helping you make good progress on the big charts. Winter Magic is on my to-stitch list, but without the background, and stitching a smaller middle section only. I wonder if it will ever become an actual WIP? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...