Sunday, May 3, 2020

People's Choice SAL - May 2020 - Fire



It's the first weekend of the month, and that means it's time to post about the chosen topic. This month it's Fire, and please check out everyone's posts over at Jo's amazing blog!

I thought this might be difficult, but I found a few ways to shoe horn in some fire or heat related projects. 

Victorian Tree
 by Mill Hill, stitched as charted, with candles! 

Spooky Halloween
 by Durene Jones, stitched on Icarus - see what I did there? ;)

Finding Happiness
by Circus Stitches and isn't fire a type of light? 

Old Fashioned Tree
by Mill Hill, also candles on this one

Colin Firth
from one of the XS magazines, I forget which one does the portraits and this was sent to me as a single chart from the magazine. And obviously, including because he's hot! :) 

Wash Your Damn Hands
 
by Kincavel Krosses, modified to fit on a towel and including this as a "hot" topic right now

I hope you're all having a good Maynia if you've joined in and a good stitchy weekend all around. I enjoyed shoe horning in these ones, and hope you do too. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

9 comments:

  1. I do love me some Colin Firth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shoe horns work perfectly here. I'm guessing you are a big Colin Firth fan. What movie of his do you like best?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Fabulous fire themed piece and shoehorns too!
    Love that Icarus fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colin Firth .... he's certainly hot and fits this category!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's got to be top of the greatest shoe-horned posts of all time, and I absolutely loved it! The Christmas trees are really pretty and, given the current situation, Dumbledore's words of wisdom are certainly relevant. I might have to look to stitching that quote myself... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Love the shoe-horn too, Icarus is amazing and every hot spot is nice to see. xxx Bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Great post. Love your shoe-horns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shoehorning, and lovely projects. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your fire interpretations, Colin is certainly a hottie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...