Friday, May 22, 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness 2020 - May Edition

It's a little past the 15th of the month now... but the fantabulous host Jo gives us till the end of the month, so I have a little time yet. I finally remembered and had time to post today. I hope you've all had a good month despite what is going on in the world. Stitch Maynia started for some, and I'm still working on the new start binge.

Time to talk about what's been gifted and what we're stitching on for gifts, etc. I've had a couple finishes since last time, so here we go:

Love You to the Moon - for DD
 by Waxing Moon Designs
stitched with the CC threads and fabric requested (I hated the fabric)
see more here

Letters from Nora - H - for DD

Letters from Nora S and H
stitched 2 over 2 as charted with CC threads and Kreinik
on 28ct Nuriel's Forest by Chromatic Alchemy

This is an ongoing project for DD. I have 2 letters completely finished except for the beads. There's one more to go! I started this way too long ago and would like to get it finished this year if possible. S was finished last year. 

Wine a Bit - for a friend
 by Sue Hillis
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct scrap white evenweave

A friend had her 50th bday during this pandemic. The plan was originally that their family was going to Paris, France. She's fairly disappointed, so I made her this card and bought her a bottle of Veuve Cliquot to commiserate. 

Mini Faery Tales - for DD

 stitched 2 over 1 on 18ct beige Aida as charted

I've hit over 8K stitches on this one now, so that's a pretty big step. I was originally thinking I'd hit 20K by now... ha! I'm still happy with the progress and will keep going. 

Princess and the Dragon - for DD
 stitched 1 over 1 (310) on 28ct Amarinthine by Chromatic Alchemy

This is on Pattern Keeper as well now and it tells me I'm over 60% complete! That's very impressive and I think this year might be out, but maybe a goal of 75% is possible?

I hope you've all had good stitchy days and weeks and please check out everyone else's posts over at Jo's blog

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

8 comments:

  1. Tiff: All your designs are wonderful.
    That Nora initial piece is lovely.
    To The Moon is so sweet.
    Have a great weekend

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many progress, I'm a great fan of your black work Princess and the dragon. Can't wait to see it finished, love the letters they are so lovely. And of course, I love a lot your sweet Wine card, send all my French regards and sympathy to your friends. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The Nora letters are wonderful. If I had enough cousins, I'd stitch them all!
    Princess & the Dragon is looking amazing too. PK is such a good idea to track the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much gifting and gorgeousness this month! Congrats on the finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Katie with her mom, what would you do with out your DD to gift projects too? There are so many lovely ones in your collection this month. I'm especially impressed with Mini Faery Tales - so much more than a black splodge now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely update for this months GG, you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you had a very productive month, and many lovely gifted projects! 60% on Princess & Dragon certainly is a nice percentage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stitching, as usual!
    I love the card you made your friend, perfect with wine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...