Friday, August 7, 2020

Stitching Friends Summer Blog Hop 2020


Here we are friends, at a sort of meet and greet or "guess who's coming to dinner?" although since we're all social distancing, it will be more of a virtual guess who.

Jo very kindly is hosting this hop as well. Someday I'd like to be as organized as she is; thank you again Jo! Please check out her blog here for the list of all the participants and see if you can guess which stitcher we're talking about before you get to the end!

My stitching friend has been having a rough year, but she fortunately enjoys a drop of wine and a good book to ease the days toils. She lives in the UK and is a very generous person, giving a lot of time to her church, including some amazing ornament trees. This might be giving it away already, but just in case, here are a few designs I thought she might like. And because she's such a prolific stitcher of smalls, I'm trying to find new ones she may not have seen yet.


Perhaps a freebie from Mabel Figworthy's Fancies?


Or a new Fireside Originals?

Or a GPA Designs pinball, since she's quite talented at finishing as well, injured wing or no. ;)


Or a brightly coloured pincushion from Lindy Stitches?

Last one, I promise, perhaps this Jardin Prive? She's definitely got some French inclinations as well. 



If you're still not sure which stitcher I'm talking about, raise a glass and toast this amazing stitcher!



Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch


10 comments:

  1. Your candle suggestion took me right back to making fake Xmas candles in infant school out of toilet roll innards and tissue paper, so maybe it's one for me to think about for Xmas too. Thank you from Lifeoutsidethewashingbasket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you got me .... although not many drops of wine this year due to my chemotherapy which also is also affecting my reading and stitching. Thank you for the designs, I love the Jardin Prive one, it's so me. I'm already thinking what I could make it into 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas trees was my good clue (maybe a drop of (french) wine too!). Love to visit Clare'blogs (her travels giving me the occasion to visit my own country!). This candle will be perfect for me, thanks for the link. Love. xxx Bisous. Nadine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guessed Clare! I like the candle design you picked out for her

    ReplyDelete
  5. At last! I recognised your blogging friend. I love the choice of designs you chose for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking part in the Summer Blog Hop. This was a lovely description of Clare. The candle ornament is great too. I think you made some good choices for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got it, sweet Clare! Nice choices for her, that pincushion is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got it at ornaments! I'm actually stitching one to send to her right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been stitching flowers for her if it is the same person, she is an amazing Lady.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...