Friday, December 31, 2021

End of 2021

Here it is, the last post of 2021! And onto a New Year with lots of new stitching and some plans? First, I managed 2 other finishes and one is almost done, so we'll pretend it's a finish for the end of the year. I will get it completed before the end of the year EST. 

The 4th Moonrise ornament was finished earlier, but I forgot to post about it:
Moonrise Ornament #4 by WBTW
stitched 2 over 1 on 14ct Illusion Aida by Silkweavers
with DMC 167, 738, 3823, 3865 as well as RG blending filament in the moon

It's so nice to have all four ornaments complete! I also managed one more smallish finish from my myriad of starts this year:
Irish at Heart by Jennifer Akon? (have to check spelling)
stitched 1 over 1 with WDW Okefenokee and Cactus, unknown Soie Cristals and Waterlilies Plum
on 16 or 18ct light blue Aida

My parents went on a bus tour of Ireland a few years ago, well pre-COVID, and loved it so much! I think I'll try and manage to make this into a St. Patrick's Day card for them. My dad has become somewhat obsessed with Irish music, which isn't a bad thing. I surprised him this year though when DD and I were talking about the song Miss Fogarty's Christmas Cake and he hadn't heard of it. I sent him the link to watch it, since it's another great holiday one like Christmas in Kilarney. 

And the last one which is almost a finish, and would have been if I didn't have to get up to get to work early this morning, this is another Rainbow Gallery freebie when they had a bunch back in 2015(?). 
Easter Freebie by Erica Michaels through Rainbow Gallery's website
stitched 2 over 1 with Carrie's Creations Jellyfish for the border and unknown Dinky Dyes for the bunny, Glinda the Good by Jodyri for the ears, WDW Purple Haze for the eyes, 
WDW Camellia for the nose, and an unknown for the blue/green background 
on 16ct or 18ct light blue aida

So close!! But it was 12:30am by the time I took this photo and I need to be up by 6:45am at the latest to get to work on time. I have at least a 30 minute commute on a good day to get to work on time. 

My best friend from undergrad got a quarantine pet bunny over a year ago and he's just about this colour, so I might send this as a birthday card next year when I get it finished. Or maybe Easter?

I definitely won't have any more finishes than this before the end of the year, and I'll try and update my finishes page to show all of these. 

New Year's plans can wait for another post. Happy New Year!

Tiffstitch

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your last few finishes, and a successful 2021 in general.
    Happy New Year, and can't wait to see what you have in store for 2022. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Moonrise Ornament looks great and your bunny is so close to a finish too. I have saved all those freebies too somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your last finishes. Good luck in 2022!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job getting a couple more (almost) finishes in :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...