Thursday, January 27, 2022

January Update

It's been a busy couple weeks since my last post, and I finally have time to get another one up! I hope you've all had good stitching successes, whether it be meeting goals or finishes or just being able to stitch as much as you want. 

I've managed some good progress on Triumphant Ride and 2 finishes of WIPs over the past 2 weeks. I'm quite happy with that, although I always wish I had more time to stitch. Fortunately it's been -10C most days, so it's a good excuse to stay in and get some stitching done. 

First up, here's how Triumphant Ride looks now:
Triumphant Ride by Charting Creations
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct Vincent by Chromatic Alchemy

This has been very enjoyable so far and it's nice to just use black sometimes. This is almost 4500 stitches into this one of slightly over 50K total. If I can manage 1000 stitches per week I'll actually finish this one this year. That almost never works out, so we'll see how it goes. 

I managed a finish on Simply Christmas!
Simply Christmas by WBTW
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Lazurite by Chromatic Alchemy
with Soie Cristal green, WDW Turkish Red and Caron Snow Canary Yellow

This was a very pleasant, relaxing stitch. The repeated motifs and pattern made it a nice one to work on after long days at work. The Caron Snow isn't too difficult to work with either and adds a nice sparkle. The original pattern calls for more gold colour, but I thought the lighter colour worked here. 

The second project I finished is by Handblessings:
Soccer Player by Handblessings
stitched 1 over 1 on 22ct Sky by BeStitchMe
with WDW Lavender and Ultraviolet

Another nice, almost monochromatic finish. Hmm, I couldn't be trying to avoid anything complicated this month could I? I like that these often have the option to add longer hair to somewhat tailor them to the recipient. I haven't made a Valentine's gift for DD yet, so I'm wondering about using this if I get it finished. 

I worked on one other project so far, Mini Winter Magic. It used to look like this:
and I managed about 1000 stitches:
Mini Winter Magic by HAED
stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 28ct Monaco

I'm working on filling in the right side first to try and get that whole side finished, then will continue on to the left. You'll see this fairly often in February because I'm going to try and work on it every day during the Olympics! It would be amazing to get another full coverage project finished this year. It's been a couple since the last one. 

I hope you're all staying well!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch



8 comments:

  1. Yes, it does look like you're trying to avoid complicated colour changes this month! However, with that much progress and two finishes - congratulations - it wasn't exactly wasted time. Love everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress and lovely finishes! Nothing wrong with a solo colour, it makes a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic stitching on many beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finishes are darling. Triumphant Ride is looking fantastic! And I always love seeing updates on Mini Winter Magic - it is one of my favorites. Beautiful work - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your finishes! I love that tree. I really love Triumphant Ride though and the fabric is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think all the progress on Winter Magic might make up for the lack of complicated stitching in the others - that looks very confetti-y! Congrats on all your progress and finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous work this month. I love Triumphant Ride on that fabric.
    I've been doing a lot of block colours this year too. It's a good way to get progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...