Thursday, February 3, 2022

End of January Update and Olympics Intro

Here we go at the end of another month where the month seems to have sped by. I think I managed a fair amount of finishes, which feels pretty good. I managed one more before the end of the month as well:
Stocking ornament by Jane Henderson
stitched 2 over 2 DMC 600, 602 and 603
on 28ct scrap evenweave

This was the second of 3 ornaments, so only one more to go! 

And I have about 5000 stitches into Triumphant Ride:
Triumphant Ride by Charting Creations
stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 28ct Vincent by Chromatic Alchemy
with DMC 310

A lot of February will be taken up by the Winter Olympics, and instead of a new start every day, Rachel and I are working on larger projects to get them moved along. She might even have a potential finish! I am going to work on Mini Winter Magic, which looks like this right now:
Mini Winter Magic by HAED
stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 28ct white Monaco

I'm not likely to get a finish on this one since there's still about 20K stitches left, but I am looking forward to getting it moved along quite a bit, with some idea of finishing it before the year is out. So this is the Olympics focus piece, but I will also try and keep on with Triumphant Ride and get 1000 stitches in per week. That might be a nice break from some of the confetti in this one too! I'm trying to stitch one strand of one colour in the confetti area, then one colour that has a lot of filler stitches to do so I don't get bogged down by the confetti. 

I hope you all enjoy the Olympics! It has my favourite sport in the Winter Olympics, and I even know someone that will be reffing the games, so that's a cool connection. I hope I can find a good way to watch them again. 

Stay well and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch


7 comments:

  1. Nice work on the finishes! They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a very productive January, and that stocking is so sweet!
    Good luck with Mini Winter Magic. I like your idea of one thread length of confetti stitching followed by one thread length of easier stitching; I hope it works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little stocking! Good luck with your Olympic stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cute stocking. I hope you can manage to get in a lot of stitches on Winter Magic while you watch the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cute little ornie. I love the way Winter Magic is coming out, you can really see the picture starting to appear. Good luck with your Olympic Marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stocking, pretty in pink.
    Love the fabric for Triumphant Ride, and... dragons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stocking is very cute, and so will be your little dragons! Looking forward to seeing lots of progress on them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...