Thursday, March 12, 2026

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #24 - Mackintosh Rose Blackwork SAL by Lakeside Needlecraft and Peppermint Purple

This SAL is still available on the Lakeside Needlecraft Facebook group if anyone is interested. There's a few other things in the files I hadn't noticed that I'll have to check out as well. This was an interesting pattern and again, something I might change up a bit with some variegated thread. 

Here's the chart image:

I debated a bit about the fabric, but decided I wasn't sure if I wanted to add the blackwork in the background, so chose an opalescent fabric. I might just stitch the flowers since it has a stained glass look. I worked on it for a few days and here's where I'm at so far:
Mackintosh Rose SAL by Peppermint Purple and Lakeside Needlecraft
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Hurricane by PTP
as charted so far

I found the leftover Lanarte black threads from Animal Parade and decided to use them up vs. having them take up space in my stash threads box. I did manage to use up everything I had left, so now I'll have to check if DMC works best or Anchor to finish off the black outlines. 

This is another fun stitch and I enjoyed the progress. I'm a little disappointed I ran out of the thread, but I'm also glad I managed to use it all up. It would have felt nice to get all the black complete, but since I ran out of the thread I left it here for now. 

I hope you've all had good stitching days!

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch

4 comments:

Thanks for any comments!

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #63 - Promise of Spring by Cottage Garden Samplings

My Weeks Dye Works order from 123 Stitch came in, so it was time to start another one of the Cottage Garden Samplings birds. If you want to ...