Monday, March 18, 2019

IHSW 2019 - March Edition


I feel like I need to spread out my posts a bit, otherwise I'm only posting in the middle of the month! Or at least I need to post more, that may be the answer. :)

Time again for the IHSW and since my stitching bug has returned thanks to the FB group School of Magical Stitches and Literature, it's been a lot of fun working on so many projects. I don't know why the thought of "homework" and finding how my old WIPs fit into the categories each week makes me want to stitch more, but here we are.

Please check out the link at Jo's page for all the other hermiters and cheer them on as well!

This weekend I worked on:

Basset - which you might have last seen here in 2018:
And now, several hundred stitches later:
It's practically done at this point! This is a Brenda Franklin design and it fit a few homework tasks, so this weekend was maybe only 300 or so stitches, but they count too!

I also pulled out Joy Snowglobe because one of the homework prompts was to work on something like a crystal ball. I think this fits the bill rather well.

It was last here in 2018:
and is now here:
500 stitches later. If I can get this to fit in any more homework, it could be another finish this year. That would be so nice. I would love to start something new, like that awesome Sea in a Bottle that Katie just finished, but so many WIPs need working on! Hopefully I can fit them all in this week's homework as well, or maybe that might tempt me to start something new.

As for knitting, I started the Everyday Slouchy Beanie by Dragon Hoard designs. It's a free pattern on Ravelry and is my first attempt at using mohair. So far I really like the look of the colours I chose and it's knitting up fairly quickly now that the band is done.


It's a double band, which I love the idea of for warm ears, but it was a little tricky to put together. Possibly if I'd stuck with the provisional cast on as charted, but I didn't have a crochet hook when I started the hat, so I just had to knit into the cast on. It was fine, but may have been easier if I'd just stuck with the recommended idea.

I also have a mini start on some socks for a friend, but just a very tiny start. That makes just 2 pairs of socks I've started now without finishing any. Not too bad considering where I was a few months ago, with a few single socks awaiting their mates. :)

I hope everyone had lots of time to craft of any kind, and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad joining the FB group is working for you. You managed some lovely stitching over the weekend so I hope the group continues to bring to continued success. A+! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bassett reply has grown, such nice colours in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic progress on some oldies. Whatever you need for motivation is exactly what you need. Love the colors to the new hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful stitching and knitting. Joining that FB group is really working for you.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love seeing Basset getting some love! I'm in the same boat, School of Magical Stitches is totally motivating me to pull out on work on some older WIPs. Sadly, that also means I'm hardly getting any knitting/crochet done at the moment, but that's okay, the urge will come back for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you start Sea in a Bottle I will be here cheering you on the whole way! I just love Katie's finish!

    Love your knitting! It makes me so happy to find people who do more than one craft...granted cross stitch is the most important haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, agree cross stitch is the best!

      Delete
  6. Oh the Basset is to cute! Hope to see him all finished up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on the Basset Hound. I'm not in the Magical Stitches group but the admin have done an amazing job of setting it all up. They really have put a lot of thought into it all.
    I'm loving seeing how all the different projects work for the tasks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...