Thursday, March 7, 2019

People's Choice SAL - March Edition


Here we go again with the People's Choice SAL hosted over by the lively Jo. Please check her post and sign up (late like me!) and see all the people who managed to sign up on time as well. :)

I've stitched a lot of freebies over the years, so I've been tracking down which ones I can find and see if the links are still active. As most of us have probably done, I have files and files of these saved on various devices, and hope they outlast the electronics! I print when I think of it, but that ends up taking a fair bit of room in binders, etc.

After going through all the photos I can find in my local account, this seems to be my first freebie. I don't have a link to it, but hopefully it can be found on Cyberstitchers or somewhere similar.

This is from October 2010, and was stitched and gifted to a friend of my mother's who was undergoing cancer treatment. She survived another few years after this was stitched, but she did pass on several years ago. 
Lady Kell of Kincavel Krosses used to be a fairly prolific designer, but I haven't seen her online in quite a while. I hope all is well. This is her snowflake bookmark.  She has tons of great freebies like these:



All gifted to recipients that enjoyed the humour, so that was lucky :)

This was a free pattern by Flossy Bobbin. I love this so much! It has been one of my absolute favourite stitches. However, it was lost in our move and I have no idea where it is. :( That was 6 years ago. Also, Flossy Bobbin has taken down her blog, so this pattern is not available any more. 

 DH's favourite video game of all time is Metroid. This is Samus in a save module from Metroid 2? I think. It was a free pattern on Sprite Stitch back when people put more patterns on there instead of Etsy. I remember the designer is from Calgary, Alberta, but not where to find the pattern. Possibly in the archives of Sprite Stitch!

 Also from Sprite Stitch for my BIL, if any of you have played Legend of Zelda, this is hilarious ;)

If you like little video game sprites, Dork Stitch is the place to go. She must have designed thousands of these by now. I don't think I'm exaggerating. They are fun little gifts for friends and family that enjoy video games. These are 2 from Metroid, Zero Suit Samus and Samus in her full uniform.

Another great place to find some amazing blackwork is with Elizabeth Almond at Blackwork Journey. This is the Box of Delights from 2017 (I think) and it was a lot of fun to choose colours and create something a little out of the box for me. 


I love this cute little bat! He was a freebie from Durene Jones' Facebook group. I think she posts a little freebie every Friday, so if you enjoy her designs, head to this group

Have we all stitched this yet? This is Palko-lap's brilliant 2015 calendar. If you want to see a current gemstone version being stitching, please check out Rachel at Ten Hour Stitcher for her beautiful work. 
I loved creating this one! It was a silhouette from Des Filles et une Aiguille. They have lots of different designs, and this one spoke to me, even though I'm not usually a sampler stitcher. I used some fun Dinky Dyes from an Oops pack and a spare scrap of fabric and ta-da! This hangs by our front door. 

For some great hardanger patterns, check out Mabel Figworthy's Fancies. She has some neat little freebies and this one was an anchor that I modified for a friend's Southern Baptism. He was baptized in the lake and everything, it was quite an experience to witness. 

Lastly, this is from Lakeside Needlecraft. They often have free SALs throughout the year, just check out their Facebook group. This one was designed by Durene Jones and I used Chromatic Alchemy threads, and I love the rainbow effect. Hopefully I can make this one into a pillow or something fun so you can feel all the different textures. 

I think that's all for now. I have a few more Kincavel Krosses that I've stitched and I'll leave those under the signature if you're interested. :) 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch









11 comments:

  1. So many wonderful freebies representing all sorts of themes. I love the DJ bat (of course) and also those from Kincavel Krosses. I might have to go and check out that snowflake bookmark; thanks for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW great stitching! I love the towel, it is to cute and the Blackwork Journey piece is gorgeous. I may have to put it on next year's list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many finishes! I also did Box of Delights. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you have stitched from freebies is fabulous! I love how pretty much everything was a gift for someone else :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of beauties you've shared this month, fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your free pieces Tiffany.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I have seen quite a few of these but not that multi-coloured tree. I love that one and have downloaded it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of freebies! I really like the blackwork one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THat's a ton of freebies you stitched! Obviously you are much better at keeping up with all the wonderful patterns than I am. I love how many of them are geeky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! Kell from Kincavel Krosses here. Delighted to see my designs being stitched and making people happy. I'm not currently designing (taking a rather prolonged break to concentrate on motherhood and a return to actinf), but that's not to say I'll never return to it! I do continue to occasionally stitch, and keep jotting down ideas for new charts that, one day, I'm sure, I'll get round to designing.
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...