Sunday, March 31, 2019

School of Magical Stitches Year 3, Week 5 Complete, and A Bonus

Thanks for everyone's comments on the "scary" project. I did go ahead and get Otto out, since that is one that requires more brain power, more work and more effort. It definitely fits the definition of scary for me.

Otto was here:
And after 1024 stitches,

I added 1000 stitches instead of the 500 because they require 500 full crosses and this is tent stitch 2 over 1 on 32ct fabric. I also remembered when I got it out that I managed to get off in the count, so the blue line is the actual 70 line, which is where 74 is marked on my fabric. It will be a little frustrating to finish this page, which is another reason I put it down, but I'm still happy I managed a bit more. The horizontal lines are correct, and I can hopefully remake the lines in the future.

The happy project was Tribal Dragon. It got all the way to here!
Tribal Dragon by White Willow Stitching
on 25ct pewter Lugana with Waterlilies/Kreinik and Soie Cristale threads

Only a few belly segments left and this thing is finished! Obviously not this month, but possibly next month. Any ideas on finishing? It doesn't have to be hung up, although maybe over a canvas would be nice. I don't mind if DD likes to touch it and see the sparkly thread.

The bonus project this week was Christmas Break. We were asked to stitch 600 stitches on something winter or Xmas related. Some people didn't have anything like that, and the admins also approved something you might give as a Xmas gift. I have a few choices that meet the criteria and got out Kiss for a Snowman by Dimensions since it hasn't been touched in a couple months.

It was last here:
and now:
It's definitely filling in, so we'll see if I can get some more done this year to get an Xmas finish. I'm guessing not, so no pressure on myself there. :)

I hope you've all had a good week! I'll post about the new homework once it's up tomorrow.

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

7 comments:

  1. Great progress on everything. Well done for biting the bullet with Otto - you should be proud of yourself for tackling the demon! Nice to see more colour appearing in Snowman too. Looking forward to finding out what next week has to offer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow everything great, and how much work!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome progress this week Tiffany. They look great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wohoo lots and lots of progress. This challenge is great for you. Congrats on sticking with Otto and WOW You got a ton done on it too. Love all your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! The Dragon is looking amazing, he's obviously my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress! I'm sure you can fit Otto into a few more challenges, and get that offending first page finished. And to think the dragon will be finished soon, he's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...