Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness 2019 - June Edition


Time again to post all your monthly progress on gifted stitching or gifts received. Link up with our fabulous host Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching too!

See Ya Later Alligator - for DD
See Ya Later Alligator by Jodyri Designs
stitched 2 over on 28ct Nuriels Forest by Chromatic Alchemy with random colours

I managed a few letters to get enough stitches for one of the challenges, it will say "Blow me a kiss GOLDFISH"

Land of the Dinosaurs - DD
Land of the Dinosaurs from WOXS October 2015 
stitched 2 over on 32ct Jobelan Summer Sky (wichelt?) as charted

Hopefully I can finish this before DD stops enjoying stories and things about dinosaurs. :)

Evening in the Shire - older brother
 Evening in the Shire by Cute Patterns by Maria
stitched 2 over 2 as charted on 28ct Moonscapes by Jodyri

This one has miles and miles of backstitch, so at some point I'll start into that. It is gorgeous, so it will be worth it when complete. 

Twilight LeMans - DH
 Twilight LeMans by Heritage Stitchcraft
stitched 2 over 2 on 28?ct linen as charted

These are the headlights of both cards now, and part of them reflect in the road, so it's an interesting effect once you get the whole thing. 

Butterfly Quote - DD
 Butterfly Quote by Jodyri Designs
stitched 2 over 1 on 14ct unknown fabric with Pink Laydee, Sparkling Citrine (Jodyri) and purple WDW thread

I was debating if that purple is too dark, out of the other colour palette, but I like emphasizing that word, so I'm going to leave it. I'm happy to be moving this one along to a finish as well. 

April Flip-It - Grandma
 April Flip-It by LK
stitched 2 and 1 over 1 on 22ct ivory hardanger with stash threads

I hope to get this one finished next time I pick it up, there's not to much left to finish now!

Fleur de Lys - DH?
 Fleur de Lys by Brodeuse Bressane
stitched 1 over 2 on 32ct royal blue linen with Waterlilies 

I had started this with DH in mind, but might end up giving it to a family member. It will still take a good long while, so no rush there. 

Letters from Nora - L - friend - A FINISH!!
 Letters from Nora L by Nora Corbett
stitched 2 over 2 on unknown linen as charted except subbing one pair of butterfly beads because they were discontinued and the central beads were subbed because I didn't have the called for colour.

I'm so happy to get this one finished. It's for a good friend who gave me a lot of baby stuff when DD was born, and this is long overdue. I don't know if any of you remember me talking about this, but I have stitched K for her as well. Now to get them framed!

Ocean Curiosity - DD
 Ocean Curiosity by Who Knew?!?
stitched 2 over 1 on 16ct Colour Cascade fabric with WDW Michael's Navy

Since I've borrowed this chart I'm happy to get more progress here too. :)

Princess and the Dragon - DD
 Princess and the Dragon by Charting Creations
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct Amarinthine by Chromatic Alchemy

Still chugging along on P&D! 

As for gifts, the only one received was Jocondine's excellent travel package in my previous post, and today is the start of week 3, so check out her clues to find the new place she's selected. 

Happy Stitching, and don't forget to check out all the other GG stitchers on Jo's blog!

Tiffstitch




10 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Lots of lovely gifts for your family and friends. She must be a special friend to get a Nora Corbett! I stitched four for my three cousins' children and they loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Nora Corbett finish, what a nice gift for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany: Loads of stitching, I love that fairy.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of beautiful stitching. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see more progress and a finish in there too! The Nora Corbett letters are all gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing them framed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a lot. Well done! AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many gifts going on, and it's lovely to see some progress on each of them! Great job with the finish, those letters are always a joy to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never grew out of liking dinosaurs so there's hope! And possibly more dino themed things for your daughter haha. The Fleur de Lys is absolutely stunning. And congrats on the NC finish! Those letters always look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many lovely pieces, I love your L fairy finish! I did K for a friend and I loved making her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...