Thursday, February 6, 2020

Blog Clean-up, Leftovers From Crazy Challenges, and a Plan

I hope today is treating you well! I've been going through and trying to tidy up things with my blog. For example, I had kind of forgotten I had a DUCJFC progress tracker for both the 2015 and 2016 events I participated in. I updated the progress to show where I'm at currently, and it's not too bad really. I'm almost 3/4 of the way through 2015 and over halfway through 2016. Some of the projects are on both as I used it not just for starts, but also to make sure I kept working on some WIPs.

From the 2015 Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge, I have these WIPs left:

1) Otto
self charted, 2 over 1 tent stitch 

Realistically, unless I can get the pdf into Pattern Keeper, this won't get much work done on it. 

2) Ladyfee Xmas SAL

This was a free online SAL and I just haven't gotten back to it. I'm not in love with it at this point, so not sure if I'll continue on. It's a UFO right now. 

3) Sleigh Ride stocking - Dimensions

Same story here, not really in love with this one, so haven't gotten back to it. 

4) Warbreaker

I do like this one, and it's from my favourite book. Again, if I could get this in PK, it would go faster. 

5) Twilight LeMans

I still like this one, and I did pull it out last year to get some more done. 

6) Skittzzzz Fractal

Again, PK would make this so much easier, so I'll have to see if I can import it. 

7) AAN Christmas Mystery SAL - I hated this one, so will repurpose the project. I didn't even finish the first part. 


From the 2016 Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January February Challenge, I have these WIPs left:

1) Letter S

This still needs beads because I have all 3 letters on one piece of fabric. 

2) Letter H

I'd like to get these finished this year maybe. 

3) Letter G

We'll see how it goes. :)

4) Princess and the Dragon

It would be amazing to finish this one, but I don't think it will happen this year. It did get a lot of progress last year, so we'll see. I have the conference coming up that I usually get a lot done, so if I get some outlining done, that will help. 

5) Monochrome Link (new start)

This is another one that would be more fun if I could add it to PK, I'll have to give it a try. It's got a long way to go. 

6) Fleur de Lys (new start)


I'm enjoying my restart of this one, but I will have to try and figure out what thread I'm using because I don't know if I have enough to finish the whole project. It is Caron Waterlilies I think, but it's a big project. 

7) December Mini Cat


Realistically, I just need to find this one and finish it, it's practically complete. 

8) Kiss for a Snowman (new start)

I've recently misplaced this one as well, so will have to do a search to figure out what I've done with it during one of my organizing binges. 

9) Butterfly Quote (new start)

I also managed a fair bit on this one last year. There's still a fairly big chunk with the word "butterfly"and the smaller word "over", but then it will be complete. 

10) Land of the Dinosaurs (new start)

I had somewhat ignored this one because of so many other projects going on, although I did manage some stitching last year. I think it will be handy for chunks of colour if that comes up in any of the challenges. 

11) Twilight LeMans (also in 2015) - see above

12) Day 4 Dragonlet

I don't love afghan fabric, and that's how I started these. I'll get back to it at some point. 

13) Frosty Friends

There's 6 of these and I haven't managed to finish a single one yet. Again there are chunks of colour, so they might work for some challenges. 

14) Frosty Friends

15) Frosty Friends

16) Frosty Friends

17) Frosty Friends

18) Frosty Friends

19) Sleigh Ride Stocking (also in 2015) - see above

20) Do Not Meddle (new start)

I would love to finish this one this year since I was given it years ago to finish for a friend that can't stitch any more. It's more difficult working 1 over 1 on 28ct than it was when I started, but still, I can do this! 

21) Savannah Birth Record (new start)


This project also suffers from dislike of the fabric. I like hardanger, but 2 over 2 is not working for me. Too clumpy and messy. So I can restart or give up and pass this one on. DD doesn't really need another birth sampler at this point, and soon she'll be too told for this one. 

22) HAED Basset (new start)

With PK I hope to either get more done this year, or possibly finish up one of the smaller ones, then get back to this one. 

23) See Ya Later Alligator (new start)

This needs maybe a week of work? So I think it's my next focus for a finish project. 

24) Ladyfee Xmas SAL (also in 2015) - see above

25) Vermont (new start)

I think this would be fun to finish, however I keep putting it off for more interesting projects. I haven't given up on it, but don't know if it will come out this year unless I get a lot of other things finished. 

26) Snow Guide

This should be a quick finish as well if I just sit down to work on it. For whatever reason, LK letters always seem to stitch up so quickly. 

27) Otto (also in 2015) - see above

As you can see, a lot of my current WIPs are leftover from these 2015/2016 challenges. There are quite a few that are small enough to finish this year if I make the choice to stitch on them. My top ten I'd like to finish this year are:

1) See Ya Later Alligator
2) Do Not Meddle
3) Snow Guide
4) Butterfly Quote
5) Letter S
6) Letter H
7) Letter G
8) Frosty Friend - 1 of them
9) Dragonlet #4
10) December Mini Cat

Wish me luck!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

13 comments:

  1. It was so good to see some of these older projects! The Princess & The Dragon would be a good one to stitch one length per day, like my bathtime stitching. I'd also like to see the Nora Corbett letters completed, they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flash back to all your old WIPs. Good luck pulling some out and finishing them off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely things to choose from this year.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on finishing your 10 top choices. Focus on one each month and you'll definitely have them done by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some pretty pieces started Tiff. I have to make myself stick to one piece at a time to get any done! I do have some wips and want to finish one at a time before starting another new. There are just too many charts and things out there! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've found I need to skip around a bit to keep my interest on finishing something. For example, with the See Ya Later focus this month, I also am adding some to Princess and the Dragon every day and have some other challenges to keep me wanting to go back to See Ya Later vs. slogging through it and losing interest.

      Delete
  6. Oh my you have so many projects going, I love them all.
    I would finish the one SAL I do like it.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see it's not just me with a crazy amount of WIPs. I have a WIP from 2012! Good luck in getting them done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post Tiffany. I enjoyed seeing all of your projects. Good luck. I know you can do it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fun to have a dive in your WIP pile once in a while :) I definitively see some here that you could finish this year. Good luck getting the patterns into PK!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been out of stitching for so long and I've been HORRIBLE at keeping up with blogs! I can't believe how much progress you have made! And everyone keeps going on about Pattern Keeper...I must investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many starts, I like the top ten you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love a trip down memory lane, especially when accompanied by lots of pictures and explanations as to why the WIPs are still WIPs. Sometimes it's difficult to say a project is no longer of interest, but better that than keep going and resent every stitch.
    Good luck with trying to attain those goals for the year. They definitely seem achievable as long as not too many other, or new, projects get in the way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...