Saturday, February 15, 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness 2020 - February Edition

GG time! Please check out Jo's blog for everyone else's posts and the Secret Stitching Sweethearts if you haven't yet.


It seems appropriate that GG comes so close after Valentine's Day since there are so many fun Valentines to give people, or to give loved ones cross stitches for Valentines Day. This year the plan is to give DH this one, which you have seen before:
I Love You More Today by Jodyri Designs 
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Eye of Newt by Chromatic Alchemy

And I haven't stitched anything new for DD like the last couple years. I'm debating about giving her Somebunny, which is finished, but hasn't been given to anyone yet. I finished this a couple years ago if you remember:
Somebunny from WOXS 183
stitched as charted 2 over 2 on 28ct Aether by Chromatic Alchemy

As for other WIPs in progress to be given as gifts, let's catch up from last month. 

 Kiss for a Snowman by Dimensions
stitched as charted, 2 over 1 on 16ct kit fabric

This will be for DD, and since it's early in the year, maybe it will get finished this year?

 See Ya Later Alligator by Jodyri Designs
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Nuriel's Forest by Chromatic Alchemy with stash threads

This will be another gift for DD, and it should be finished soon. I started it February 19, 2016, so maybe I can get it complete for the 4 year anniversary?

 Princess and the Dragon by Charting Creations
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct Amarinthine by Chromatic Alchemy

Another gift for DD, and can I tell you how excited I am about reaching the top left corner!!! So excited, it's so amazing to have one entire side stitched! I'll continue to work across the top set of pages and hope to get some good progress in before the March conference. 

 Mini Waterhole Master by HAED
stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 28ct Sunrise by Crafty Kitten as charted DMC

DD is claiming this one too, although I don't think she realizes how long it's going to take me to finish it. By the time I'm done, she may not be interested any more. 

I hope you've all had a good month and happy stitching!

Tiffstitch



10 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
    Love the I Love You design but the most exciting thing is reaching the top corner of the Princess and the Dragon! What an achievement!
    Glad that your family love your stitching so much they all want to claim it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha your Valentine's for DH is so funny, great stitching on your projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like DD will have a lot of stitching to display when you finish your WIPs. I love the idea of giving her the Somebunny so she doesn't have to wait too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great stitching. Great GG post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your I Love You More Today, I gave my husband a card years ago that said that! I might have to look into that one.
    Somebunny is adorable, does your DD know it could be hers? And all the WIPS for her are sweet too, she's got good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your stitched gift for DH that really made me giggle tonight. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great gift projects! It would be exciting to see a couple of them finished this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrolling through your GG projects, you wouldn't have that many were it not for your DD! Good for her for helping you keep this post populated, and good luck in attempting to finishing See Ya Later. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...