Wednesday, September 2, 2020

September Crazy Domino Event

In one of the Facebook groups I've joined, Semi Sane Stitchers, there's a new game this month about trying to work on as many different WIPs as you can. You're supposed to link them, hence the domino aspect. And the crazy part is that you stitch 25, 50 or 100 on the first WIP, then increase by the same amount for the next WIP. Considering I have a ton of WIPs I'd like progress on, I chose the 100 level.

I'll post at least every 3 projects, but possibly more often as I get to the higher counts.

I started with Blackwork Poppy by Jodyri Designs, which was here last time I worked on it:

and after 100 stitches is here:
stitched with DMC 310 on 16 count Galaxy by Jodyri

I should mention that "one stitch" counts as a full cross, so a backstitch is only 1/2 a stitch. 

My next WIP was Fleur de Lis by Brodeuse Bressane, which was linked because it's also a black work project. It last looked like this:
 and after 200 stitches/400 backstitches is here:
stitched 1 over 2 on 28ct linen with Waterlilies or Soie Cristal

This is not correct colours, the blue is more of a royal blue and the thread colour is a slight off-white, not the ivory it seems to be here. 

The third WIP was Evening in the Shire by Cute Patterns by Maria, linked because there's a ton of backstitch in it, so the link is slightly different each time, this one was because of backstitch, not blackwork like the first one. It was here last time I worked on it:
and 300 stitches adds a fair bit!
stitched as charted on 28ct Moonrise by Jodyri

There is more backstitch in this project than anything I've ever stitched before. But it's so cool! And I don't mind backstitch, so it will be nice to get some more detail out of it. 

That's the first 3 projects! I'll keep updating as I work on things. 

Stay well and happy stitching!

Tiffstitch

8 comments:

  1. That challenge sounded like fun until you have to keep adding stitches. lol Great progress on all of the projects.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still fun so far. I've joined the higher one on purpose to get lots of stitches into the larger WIPs. With all your small ones, if you did the 25 stitch increments, you could work on a fair number as well. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. OH my, I ADORE Evening in the Shire!!! Absolutely gorgeous! I think I have to check out that chart and do a bit of drooling, hehe:D
    The challenge sounds totally nuts, but I can't wait to see what else you work on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiff: I love the start of the blackwork, it looks interesting, I can actually see the shape of the poppy, the blue fabric with the lighter thread is a lovely design.
    I am looking forward to seeing Evening In Shire progress.
    I have a couple of friends that who belong to the same group, I would find it hard to keep up with getting so many stitch's in by a certain time.
    Have a wonderful week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this challenge! What a clever idea. I also love your projects, especially the Hobbit House.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a fun challenge, and you made great progress already! I love Evening in the Shire, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fleur de Lis looks very pretty, very delicate looking.
    I love seeing the Shire coming together, just those two colours?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great start to a fantastic challenge. The difference in Shire is really noticeable, and I love the contrast of the black and yellow. Looking forward to seeing how you domino your next projects. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...