Wednesday, July 28, 2021

2021 Tokyo Olympics Stitching Challenge Start #6

Day 6 and it's time for another holiday/seasonal stitch. I don't know if any of you guessed it might not be Christmas/winter themed this time, and if you did, you're right! 

First a quick fun fact for the Olympics, did you know that gold medals are actually mostly made of silver? I only recently found this out. They're over 90% silver content, and enough gold to make it look golden. Apparently if they were entirely made of gold they'd be worth over $30K USD. So I can see why they can't use solid gold for the medals. 

Onto the new start!

Which will eventually look like this:


I'm changing up the fabric a bit though, and I think this might be a fun pillow some day when I finish it. Here's where I managed to get last night:
Pumpkin Patch by Lois Winston
stitched 2 over 2 on Pumpkin King by Chromatic Alchemy
with Cauldron by BeStitchMe

Another seasonal start; I have so many now! But it's all good. I'm starting a lot of things I've wanted to work on, and I don't think I'll quite get to triple digits by the end. :) 

I hope you're all staying healthy and enjoying your day. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

9 comments:

  1. Loving reading your blog every day. The Olympic facts are fun, too. Great project choices!! Don’t worry about the WIP count. I believe I’m sitting at 145 right now. 🙈🙊 Hugs, Laura :) 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't worry about the WIP count, but I had thought I'd never get even close to 100 at one point. Now I figure stitch what I want and enjoy it. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, love the new start! A bit like an Ink Circle, but not quite as dense. Glad you're enjoying all your new starts. I've decided that I won't feel guilty about the number of WIPs until 2022! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent mental health choice. :) Thank you! I'm pretty happy with this one as well. And as a monochromatic maybe it won't take forever, or will be an easy one to pick up and work on.

      Delete
  3. The fabric color you chose is beautiful as is the design.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had wondered when I'd ever use bright orange, and then saw this in my stash.

      Delete
  4. That's a great start, the fabric is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice one, I thought it was blackwork from the photo.
    No danger of anyone melting their medal down for the gold then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, it has that look to it. I think most Olympic medals are worth more as is, especially the well-known athletes.

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...