Wednesday, September 1, 2021

2021 Tokyo Paralympics Stitching Challenge Start #9

Today has a bit of a change-up in the projects, but we'll get to that later. First, let's talk about another interesting sport played at the Paralympics and Olympics, cycling! Cycling has been a part of the Paralympics since 1984. There are 4 different classes of athletes, visually impaired, who ride a tandem bicycle, athletes with cerebral palsy or other neuro-motor impairments, amputees or locomotor difficulties, and athletes that use a hand cycle. They ride on the track and the road, and sometimes different classes compete against each other, but the length of time ridden is adjusted based on ability. 

Here's another useful video to learn a bit more:


I've never attempted track cycling, but there are a lot of good bike paths around and we used to ride quite a bit. I haven't recently because DD can't ride well yet, but DH has gone out a few times. He even decided to ride over 40km in one go once and didn't feel too worn out the next day. He's in much better shape for bicycling than I am though. It's his favourite sport, but not mine. 

Work is still a bit stressful right now, plus rising cases, DD in school, etc. means I'm having a little motivation issue. I love the project, it's not that, it's just everything else filling my head. I decided to change things up and start a new project instead that's a lot smaller and maybe will make me more interested in getting back to the dragons tomorrow. 

This is what today's start will look like eventually:
and here's my small start:
Skating Snowman by Mill Hill
stitched 3 over 3 as charted with kit threads and perforated paper

I have a lot of these hanging around and they don't take all that long if I can stick with it. We'll see how it goes when this challenge is over. I may or may not have a birthday start coming up as well. I haven't quite decided. It will be delayed since I'm working on my birthday unless I manage to get it all set up ahead of time. Let's not count on that. :)

I hope you've all been staying well!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch


5 comments:

  1. I like the Mill Hill designs, I like that they incorporate beads in with many of their designs.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cycling is fun, so I'm happy people of different abilities get to do it. Lovely start, I hope things will calm down to a more manageable level for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would say that hasn't really happened yet, but there's still a chance it will happen at some point. I hope you're keeping well.

      Delete
  3. What a happy ice-skater... perhaps he's hoping to be chosen for the Winter Olympics!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...