Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Dark October Plans

Hello again! Although we're well into October, I'm going to let you in on what my plans are/were for the month. I plan to do a Dark October and work on Halloween or black stitching as much as possible. My first priority is to finish In the Gloaming! Here's where it was when we last saw it:

And I'd like to try and progress on Witch's Gate:

There's so much left here that I don't think a finish is possible, but I'd like to get maybe at least one page out of 4 completed. 

And I'd really love to finish this one!

This is the Happy Halloween SAL by Durene Jones that was put out by Lakeside Needlecraft way back in 2017! I would like to finish it this October so I can have it off by WIP and SAL list. 

The other project I'll try and sneak in is the new Witchy Stitcher Cryptid SAL. Have you all seen this one? Lots of black, so it fits for that part as well, but the theme is a bit spooky too. So far the cryptids are all North American, and there's some hope that the Loch Ness Monster will be one of the creatures. If so, I might have to call it Champ after our local lake monster. Supposedly Champ was seen by Jacques Cartier when he first explored the area, so he is technically older than Nessie. :) 

I hope you have all been having a good month!

Tiffstitch

5 comments:

  1. Tiffstitch: You have some progress done on Happy Halloween, I am looking forward to seeing it fully finished.
    I love blackbirds and Gloaming is perfect, so sweet.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully there will be at least 2 finishes this month.

      Delete
  2. I've beeƱ doing Dark October too, it's such a fun month. I must check out the Witchy Stitcher SAL. So far I have saved the Stitchonomy and the Pine Mountain daily pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to think of Dark October as a special time to pull out Halloween-related stitching and love your plans. Getting the DJ Lakeside SAL done and dusted would be a great achievement, but I also have my fingers crossed I'll see more of your WBTW pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many fun dark projects, it'll be an enjoyable month I am sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...