Monday, October 18, 2021

Fully Finished Gallery - October (wait, what?)

That's right, I've actually managed to fully finish something this year! It's a small ornament, but some people are convinced size doesn't matter, so here it is in all its glory!
Noel by Kincavel Krosses
stitched 1 over 1 on 18ct scrap aida (Chromatic Alchemy Cirrus maybe?)
with stash threads

I backed it with red felt and a simple ribbon with a little triangle stitch to hold it in place on top. It's a different finish for me since I haven't attempted a shaped one like this before. Definitely more to it than a simple square/rectangle shape, but I'm fairly happy with it. 

I can't remember if I had described my plan on here, but I adjusted my hours so I work Tuesday through Saturday. That means I have Mondays sort of to myself after DD goes to school. Which means I actually have time to do things I'd like to get done, like fully finishing stitched pieces. My drawer of finishes is pretty full, so having some time to myself to work on them is kind of amazing. 

Of course a lot of Mondays have been full of running around, but at least I managed one finish so far. I hope you've all been staying well!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

5 comments:

  1. It might be small, but is very cute! Good luck with your Monday-plans. Looking forward to seeing more finishes from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it's an FFO, which is kind of amazing in itself these days. :)

      Delete
  2. Tiffstitch: We all need to have a little time to ourselves, its not being selfish its a treat that we all need.
    Lovely finish, I hope to see more of your finishing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a sweet finish. I tend to spend the morning doing essential household things and then the afternoon is stitching time, until the boy comes home from school anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in! It's lovely to see a different-shaped ornie. I want to try different things but keep resorting back to same old same old. Guess it depends what you're comfortable with.
    Hope your 'free' Mondays are working? Looking forward to seeing many more FFOs in the coming months then? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...