Monday, October 11, 2021

September Round-Up (Yes, a little bit late!)

Hello, hello! I'm a little late, as usual, getting up the end of the month round-up. Finally I seem to have time today, on Canadian Thanksgiving.

To recap the start of September, I was finishing off the dragons that Rachel and I started for the Paralympics Stitching Challenge. I think we'll try and pick those up again for the Winter 2022 Paralympics and see if we can get them finished. 

I was debating on what to do for the rest of the month and ended up starting something new for my birthday, which is this Anne Stokes beauty charted by Paine Free Creations

And I kept with it until I finished an entire page:
Trick or Treat by Anne Stokes charted by Paine Free Creations
stitched on 25ct easy count 2 over 1 tent stitch with charted threads

I was debating about what to do next and thought I'd pull out a smallish WIP I'd started earlier this year to finish. I started this one on May 24 for Stitch Maynia:
and managed to finish it:
Spring Snapperland by Bent Creek
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct evenweave scrap
with random stash threads

I hope to finish this up into a little ornament for my parents to sort of represent their granddaughter. 

After having a page finish on full coverage and a small WIP finish, I thought I'd try attempting another page finish on a different full coverage project. I pulled out Motherhood by Selena Fenech, even though the page was nowhere near to completion. 
I didn't have time to finish the page before the end of September, but I did progress well:
Motherhood by Selena Fenech charted by HAED
stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 28ct Unicorn Farts by Chromatic Alchemy
with charted DMC

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this will turn out on this fabric. Thank goodness for Pattern Keeper to get these projects moving along. 

I finished off September here and will be planning a Dark October, so will post about that soon!

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch





6 comments:

  1. Tiffstitch: That pumpkin and dragon are an amazing design, I really am looking forward to seeing your progress, that is a lot of black stitch's.
    Spring is so cute.
    I really like the variegated fabric, I am a fan of variegated fabrics.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin dragon is fantastic! Not sure what is stitching and what is fabric on the Unicorn design! Surely you won't cover all that gorgeous fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday and what a new start t celebrate it with! I'm a massive fan of Anne Stokes dragons, so naturally LOVE Trick or Treat. It's a long time away yet, but I can't wait to see the pumpkin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've had a productive month! Love your new start, and glad to see you are making some progress on some of your other newer starts too. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, dragons and pumpkins? Right up my alley! That is going to look amazing when finished.
    That's a sweet spring finish, perfect for leftover threads.
    I looked up your Motherhood, is that the mermaid one? If so, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...