Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Mid-February Update

Another weekly update on stitching and knitting. I added a few rows to the Wiglaf scarf:
Wiglaf scarf by Lizi Lowe
knit with Fiber Me This and Sassy Black Yarns

And I finished the PWHL hat! Still not in love with how the floats show, but maybe it will block out. That's the knitters way of trying to fudge something that didn't turn out quite right. 
and I love the top!
PWHL team hat by Sydney Gerzymisch
in Berroco Ultra Wool in a deep red, green and cream (although it looks white here)

I'm going to make another one in the same colourway, but watch a few videos on how to hide floats first to see if we can lose that kind of stripey look you get in the white part of the hat in the top photo. 

Next comes stitching!

Do Not Meddle came out a few times and I'm almost done the dragon on the left:
Do Not Meddle by Dragon Dreams
stitched 1x1 full cross on 28ct white with recommended DMC

I was debating about outlining the dragon on the right as well before going back to fill it in, but I really, really want to finish the dragon on the left. I had some lighter colour left over after finishing it on the left dragon, so started a bit on the right, but went back to the left dragon with the next darker shade of light green. I think there are 7 shades of green in this one?

I'm still not sure if it will be a finish this month, but definitely the dragon on the left will get finished and maybe the saying as well. It's mostly there as it is. 

I also pulled out Winter Feast again to get one night on it:
Winter's Feast by Mill Hill
stitched as charted with kit threads and beads on perforated paper


So lots of things worked on and a little progress on everything, plus one more finish! Not a bad week. I hope you've all had a good week as well. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch





9 comments:

  1. Good to see some really good progress on Do Not Meddle. How many years overdue is this now?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's not count... it's depressing. It is really nice to have some chance of finishing this year.

      Delete
  2. Great progress on your knitting - if you figure out how to perfectly hide those floats, please let me know, because yours already look pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I watched a few videos about other ways to catch them, so I'll see. I think with a dark yarn behind white they'll always show a bit though? If they help, I'll post the URLs.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful progress on everything. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finish the dragon!!
    Serendipitous Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, Wiglaf is a character in Beowulf. Is there a connection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not anything to do with the pattern besides it's a relaxing pattern and a favourite character of the designer.

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...