Sunday, August 30, 2026

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #74 - Don't Like Dogs by Taylor and Cromwell

I don't know if everyone is familiar with the Bad Kitty series by Nick Bruel?


DD was very into these from about age 5 to 10 or so. They still kind of enjoy them, but aren't as rabid a fan as they used to be. They even wrote a fan letter to Nick Bruel! 

So I had to pick up this chart when I saw it on Taylor and Cromwell's site:

It also fits DD since they've had a kind of fear of dogs since they were really little. I'm also trying to adjust my language because DD is feeling nonbinary currently. Their fear of dogs is a little better, I assume as they grew taller that helped? But also my brother and SIL have the gentlest dog ever. She's almost like a cat because she doesn't go up for kisses or pets often, just when she feels like it. She even moves away sometimes when I go to pet her! She's a doll, but is very old now too, so we may not have her much longer. 

Here she is, getting my mom's attention for something. She's very polite, never jumps up or anything. Well trained as well obviously. 

Back to the chart! I didn't get a full thread length of black in, but almost. It's a small start, but still counts!

Don't Like Dogs by Taylor and Cromwell
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Cassia-Rose by Chromatic Alchemy
with DMC as charted

It took me a bit to realize I needed to do 3/4 stitches on some of the chart, but I've got it down now and it seems like a good likeness so far, even with the empty eyes! 

I hope you've all had some good stitching days,

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments!

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #74 - Don't Like Dogs by Taylor and Cromwell

I don't know if everyone is familiar with the Bad Kitty series by Nick Bruel? DD was very into these from about age 5 to 10 or so. They ...