Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness 2020 - January Edition

Look, it's the 15th! I'm posting on time! I think everyone knows this event by now, that we're stitching on anything we're going to give as gifts or has been gifted to us. It's hosted by the incomparable Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching and please check her post for everyone's gifted gorgeousness.


Jo always chooses some gifted stitching she completed in the previous year for the new badge. This beauty is Passione Ricamo I believe.

I haven't posted for GG in a bit because of life stuff, but will try and keep on track this year, all things being equal. I hope everyone has had a good start to the New Year and decade depending on how you think of it, whether 2020 is the end of the old decade or the start of the new. All I know is it's amazing how easily you can turn a '1' into a '2' when you're writing the date. :D

Since you've seen a lot of finishes, etc. from me recently, I'll try and see what I can find that you haven't seen lately.

Hogwarts in a Bottle by Cute Patterns by Maria
stitched 2 over 2 on 28 ct sparkly fabric that I think was a gift? 

I managed to fit 100 stitches in for this one on a challenge last week, and hope to get a lot more done this year. You can also put Maria Brovko's patterns in Pattern Keeper with a little PDF manipulation, so that makes it a lot easier for me. 

Do Not Meddle 
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct white evenweave with called for DMC

This is something I'm stitching for someone who can't stitch much any longer and I've had it for years now, so would really like to get it finished for her this year. 

 Sleigh Ride by Mill Hill
stitched as charted, 3 over 1 on perforated paper and starting on the beads. 

I always do full crosses on beads even when they call for 1/2. I like the extra security it seems to bring, plus it can make the beads stay in place better, at least it seems so to me. What do you all like to do? This will be a gift for Xmas this year if I can get it finished. 

Mini Faery Tales by HAED
stitched 2 over 1 on 18ct beige aida as charted in DMC

I'm hopeful to get this done within a couple years and have it hanging in DD's room if she likes it. We read some fairy tales, and I really loved fairy tales when I was younger, so maybe she will too. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

12 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely gifting going on there. I think you've been saying for a few years that you need to get Do Not Meddle finished so if I don't see you stitching on it regularly this year I'll gather everyone together and we'll keep nagging you until you do! You have been warned!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work on everything. I do what the Mill Hill kit says. I like the variety. But I understand your point about doing the full X secures it better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely stitching and gifting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching! I only use two strands of floss for cross stitching and bead as I go--I make fewer mistakes that way. I do use the 1/2 stitch for beads when called for--it makes the bead lie in a different direction than the cross stitch does. Yes, I dance to the music in my head, not what's playing on the speakers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice design you are stitching, I am a go as you stitch beader using a ful cross stitch to make sure the beads all lay the same direction, it can sometimes be a problem when I need to press out wrinkles if I do hand held fabric instead of a stitching frame.
    Have a lovely day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great designs you are stitching for GG this year, Tiff - can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The new logo is actually a Mirabilia, she designed this cameo for her 25th Anniversary and I stitched it on gifted fabric.
    Nice work on Hogwarts and I do like the Dragon design. Of course!
    I usually add beads at the end and attach them with one stitch on the diagonal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stitching over 1 on 28ct always looks so delicate, that's a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely projects, and beautiful stitching. It's a pleasure to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, great stitching! I'll have to try putting Maria's patterns into PK the next time I stitch one.
    I usually secure beads as the pattern calls for. Especially on the Mill Hills which call for both I think it gives a nice additional texture to have some on 'straight' and some on the diagonal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of lovely stitching and gifting. I have never sewn with beads, but I would be tempted to sew a x rather than a half stitch x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I do love your Do Not Meddle so far!
    I also do a full stitch when beading, I think it stays in place better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...