Wednesday, January 29, 2020

#24HoursofCrossStitch Marathon Weekend

I hope everyone had a great last weekend of January! I decided to join into the 24 hours of cross stitch marathon and managed about 16 hours total. Some people stayed up all night to get 24 hours straight, which seems insane to me, as I've fallen asleep stitching before, and the result is not pretty. But hey, if they can do it, awesome!

If you're interested in joining the group, it's on Facebook here. I believe this is a monthly event and they have other events too that you'll from other bloggers, like Rachel does some of the themed ones. Please check out her blog for more info on those if you're interested.

I've been trying to get 4K stitches each month on each of the new full coverage projects, Mini Faery Tales and Mini Waterhole Master, and because of this event, I have managed it!

I started here on Mini Waterhole Master:
and managed here at the end of Sunday:


I'm stitching on 28ct Sunrise by The Crafty Kitten and stitching 1 over 1 full crosses. You can see a bird in a tree at the top there now, and hopefully it will become clearer with more work. I'm missing a couple colours, or haven't found them yet, so the top left corner isn't complete yet. I'm working somewhat cross country, somewhat by 10x10 diagonal box. Basically, I'm choosing a colour in a box and stitching either across or down with it, depending on where it takes me, and when I finish one thread, go back to that 10x10 box and choose another colour. It's working so far. :)

This was a fun weekend to get things ahead on this one, and will likely be handy if I'm able to participate most months in getting both projects to progress. 

Hope all is well with you!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch



9 comments:

  1. 16 hours is fabulous! I would definitely be up for the 24 hours of staying awake if it wasn't for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a 10x10 square also, choosing the first color in the upper left hand corner and stitching horizontally until I come the the edge of the square or the end of the color going row by row. I do like the way Mini Waterhole Master is looking, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a lot of stitching, I'd love to stay awake that long right now. Lovely progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic progress!!! I can't imagine staying awake that long either. Even at my retreat I tend to go to sleep about 3am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of stitching, and it really shows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress for 16 hours! I think I'd be nodding off several times in 24 hours if I attempted it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing progress for 16 hours! I would struggle to do the 24 hours - I'd get so slow and mistakes would creep in x

    ReplyDelete
  8. 16 hours is a wonderful amount of time, great progress, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome progress for your marathon, and it sounds like you really enjoyed it too. I like your idea of stitching a colour until your thread length runs out and then returning to that grid box to choose another colour. That wouldn't be particularly easy without PK, so it looks like the app gets yet another thumbs up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...