Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Crazy Ideas for 2020



Here we are, a new year! I hope you all had safe and fun celebrations. We kept it very low-key this year as my parents were supposed to arrive on the 31st, but had to cancel last minute because of the weather. They'll hopefully be here today some time.

WHAT'S NEW IN 2020?

- No Magical Stitches - they've changed to a Disney book theme and I'm not as interested, so I'm not going to participate in this group

- Enchanted Stitchers Challenges - this is a Disney themed stitch, but mostly based on the movies and the challenges are a good way to make sure I'm getting a few different WIPs out

- Full Coverage Fanatics - this is a different Facebook group I haven't talked about on here yet. It's based on working on all full coverage designs, including little Durene Jones ones and the BAPs from HAED/Tilton, etc. The challenges this year involve stitching around the world and through the National Parks

- Semi Sane Stitchers - this FB group is a little different than all the rest. The challenges are usually month long vs. weekly with Enchanted Stitchers and they have all kinds of interesting ones. There was a murder mystery one in October last year and this January there's Serial Stitcher, which has one participant as the murderer and another as the Sheriff. The murderer can "kill" off other stitchers, but only if they've stitched more that day than the other stitchers. And the Sheriff is trying to figure out who the murderer is before they get caught. If the Sheriff perishes, a different stitcher still hanging on will become Sheriff. There's also an A-Z challenge I'm skipping, stitching around the world, and tracking your stitches to see if you can complete landmarks. They have counting and non-counting challenges as well

- YOW (Year of WIPs) - I've participated in this the last couple years, but haven't really accomplished that much finishing up of all these old WIPs. The group admin, Melanie, is changing it up a bit this year and the months will have themes based on old SALs. Hopefully I can get a few things done here too. It's a good place to keep track of all the WIPs besides on my blog.

 - Stitchy Quest for the One Ring - I'm still participating in this one and we're still finishing up the Hobbit. The challenges are more relaxed than the Magical Stitches ones and there's always catch up events every month. Once in a while there's sort of maximize your stitching challenges, so it fits in well with the rest

I think that's it? There's so many. I'm technically part of the 24 hours cross stitch group as well, but haven't managed to fit my stitching in, plus I tend not to keep track of how long I actually stitch each day, so haven't done the time challenges either.



Here's the crazy bits. I'm sure a few of you have seen this before right?

That's right, I'm starting Faery Tales! And not just Faery Tales (mini version), but also:
Mini Waterhole Master

AND.....

Mini Morning Gossip.

And this is all because of Pattern Keeper. I love this app so much. I still have a ton of work to do on the other full coverage projects I've had in hiatus for months years, but I'm looking forward to being ridiculous as well.

Hope you all enjoy your 2020 plans and I hope to keep up with blogging on a more regular schedule too. It was a fun in the summer getting input on the stitching challenges, so I'll try and keep that up more this year.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Tiffstitch

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Tiffany. Your new starts will be awesome. I'm only in a couple SAL's. One being magical stitches and am already overwhelmed.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I think scaling back is a good idea. Just cutting out Magical Stitches will be less involved for me, so I think I can manage the rest. Plus, I don't take it as seriously as some. If I can't get the stitches in, I can't. It's not worth losing sleep over. :) Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. I think I have to say that your three new HAED starts put you at the top of the crazy pile this year! I'll definitely be encouraging you along, and hopefully with PK app will make them 'easier' to stitch too. Good luck with everything and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started using pattern keeper with my current project as some symbols on my printout are too small/unreadable. That may be more my printer's fault, but it has me looking into an android tablet for the screen size.
    I'm rolling dice to decide my projects so we'll see what the roll of the dice bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like the dice idea. That will help everything get some time hopefully. I have a good screen on my phone, almost 7 inches, so that is working for me now with PK until I break down and get a new tablet.

      Delete
  4. I started Fairy Tales a few years ago and didn't even get the first page done. I have seen a couple of stitchers actually finish it though. Enjoy all your crazy stitching. I love Disney so I'm looking forward to see what you stitch for that. What is Pattern Keeper?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your plans for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your plans. I love the watering hole piece. I look forward to watching them all grow. Good luck with your SALs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Serial Stitcher sounds quite fun - I hope you last a while! Good luck with all your plans x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that's some intense full coverage! It's funny that both groups have chosen Disney as a theme this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh! You have a lot planned there!
    Pattern Keeper sounds interesting- hadn’t heard of that before!
    Good luck with all your stitching!
    Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand...I'm in love with Patternkeeper as well and have a hard time not starting ALL the full coverage patterns at once! I'm very much looking forward to seeing the progress on all of these.
    I wanted to be a little more casual with my challenges this year and dropped magical stitches (also, I don't really 'get' Disney resorts...I want to read the villain books, but will do so at my own pace). I might need to check out the Semi Sane Stitchers, though...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...