Wednesday, January 22, 2020

IHSW - January 2020 Edition

Look, I'm posting again! We'll see if I can actually keep up with it this year; I will certainly try my best.

Today's post is brought to you by the IHSW last weekend hosted by Jo, naturally. :) Please check her post to see her progress on that amazing Discworld Mappe. Or check out everyone on Facebook in the IHSW group there.

I don't think I've actually posted anything there yet, but perhaps I'll try and keep up with that as well.

It was a fairly busy stitching weekend as I'm going to count the US holiday, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day as part of my weekend. I worked Saturday, but was off Monday, so I think that works. I was also still stitching in the Serial Stitcher event in Semi-Sane stitchers. The murderer was caught, but there was enough time in the month that we're doing it again, so I'm still stitching almost every night. I hadn't stitched much the night the murderer was caught, so that was excellent timing on the Sheriff's part. :)

Also, Stitchy Quest for the One Ring had a team event these last few days, Hobbits vs. Spiders to represent Bilbo fighting them in Mirkwood forest. I was on team Hobbit and we emerged victorious!

On to the stitching, I managed another finish, so this is number 2 for 2020:
Sleigh Ride by Mill Hill 
stitched as charted 

This was a fun little stitch as long as you don't mind beads. There's always lots of beads in these kits, and many surplus beads too, so I have quite a collection now of just beads from these kits. I haven't used them in anything else and I don't mind French knots, so not sure how I'll use them. Maybe DD will be interested in them for something when she gets older. She loved this and immediately claimed it for her room. That was pretty amazing. 

 Mini Faery Tales by HAED
stitched 2 over 1 full cross on 18ct beige aida as charted, about 2800 stitches into it

I'm a little farther than this now, since all the black is good block stitching to try and accumulate stitch counts quickly for some of these events, but this is where it was on Monday night. :) 

Mini Winter Magic by HAED
stitched 1 over 1 full cross on 28ct Monaco

Since I had time Monday to stitch in the morning while DD had school, I decided to work on some confetti heavy areas. I'm still so amazed how easy it is to stitch these with Pattern Keeper. It is truly amazing and I'm so excited about actually finishing one of these some day soon. 

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

7 comments:

  1. I do like a long weekend! I always add on Monday if I work on Saturday or Sunday.
    The challenges sound fun and you got a finish too! If the Mill Hill beads are numbered I add them to my stash but otherwise they go into a box for when I need a random coloured bead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of stitching happening, and it all looks great! I have often used leftover beads from Mill Hill kits for a beaded edge on an ornament or biscornu. It helps that the beads in one kit usually go well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are joining in. Great to see another finish and beautiful progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleigh Ride turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sleigh is very nice. I have one to do in my stash. Although your other stitching was mostly black, you did make good progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do enjoy a long weekend! One day I will use one properly for stitching. Sleigh ride looks so lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! I'm especially impressed with how much you've achieved on Faery Tales, even if it is mostly block stitching. Hope you are able to continue to keep up with everything! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...