Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness 2020 - April Edition

Hello, hello! It's mid-month time and that means Gifted Gorgeousness! Please check out all the participants over at Jo's blog and cheer on their excellent work too. Sometimes the ways we try and shoe-horn in the gifted part gets quite amusing.

I ended up with 2 small/medium finishes this month after participating in the Jodyri/KLT/Circus stitching games.

Look for Rainbows - this is a gift for DD. I'm wondering about a pillow finish if I can find something with darkish rainbow colours.
 Look for Rainbows by Circus Stitches
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Pink Elephants on Parade by Jodyri
the word "Stars" at the end is stitched in GITD Kreinik

Sleep is Good - this is for a friend with a 4 year old and a 1 1/2 year old that doesn't like sleep. Therefore she never sleeps either! But she's also a librarian, so I think this fits. I'm wondering if I can attach this to a canvas bag as a book bag?
Sleep is Good by Circus Stitches
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Bacchus by Chromatic Alchemy
with Caron Waterlilies Plum and Soie Cristal green

Rainbow Saturn - for DD, she still dreams of being an astronaut!

 Rainbow Saturn by mathysphere from xstitch magazine issue 6
stitched 2 over 2 as charted on 28ct navy linen

Finding Happiness - this might be for DD or it might be for a HP friend. It's almost finished, I should really get it finished off!
 Finding Happiness by Circus Stitches 
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Hurricane by PTP
with WDW Marigold and PTB 04 and DMC 310

Mini Waterhole Master - for DD
 Mini Waterhole Master by HAED
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct Sunrise by Crafty Kitten
I'm at 8K stitches on this one!

One thing that being at home more seems to have done is given me the urge to finish things. I'm surprised I've managed to only have one WIP left after the March Jodyri/KLT/Circus challenge, and it's very close to a finish as well. Plus I even finished some socks recently!

Cabin Socks
Cabin Socks by Courtney Spainhower
knit with Wonderland Yarns and Frabjous Fibers Pigments of Imagination Mary Ann #5 and Silkworm Studios rainbow mini skeins

These socks are for me and fit so well and are perfect, yay! I had to reknit the toe on the purple one when I had originally made it a little short, but now they're both perfect. The pattern is free, so it's like a gift. :)

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch


11 comments:

  1. Such cute stitching this month. I love the socks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely collection of stitching, I think a pillow would be great for your DD finish. Your socks look great, nothing wrong with self-gifting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful socks, I love the colors together.
    Fun stitch's.
    Stay Healthy

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I like your rainbow coloured stitching, especially the Saturn design.
    The books one would look great on a book bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic stitching and I love your socks. So colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gift to you the socks are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have a great selection of Gifted Gorgeousness - keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Efficient work this month ! So much done, love the rainbow Saturn as we are great fans of astronomy! Socks look amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you certainly got a lot done for the March Team challenge! I totally failed this time, haha.
    Great work and finishes. Do you think the 'stars' on the rainbow-piece might like some outlines? Or is it better visible in person?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your WIPs and finishes and ideas for FFOing them. You've definitely had a few weeks of successful stitching. I have the perfect fabric for Rainbow Saturn and another which might work for Rainbows. I'll send you over pictures of them for reference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you, stitching up a storm! Great finishes and wips. I think Sleep is Good would be perfect on a book bag.
    Those socks are so colourful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...