Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Spring Into Summer New Start Binge #13 - Witch's Gate and a Recent Obsession

I hope you've all been having a good stitchy week! I didn't forget I needed to start a new project, but I did get myself distracted with plans for July and a bit of a mania to finish a project.

So, I debated and decided to make the last few weeks all about Christmas projects, and do a kind of different Jolly July. Each new start will be Christmas or winter themed.

And since this was the 13th new start, I thought I'd pull out the other Whispered by the Wind spooky chart, and made a miniscule start on it. Please check Rachel and Annie's posts as I'm sure they did better.


So, there's a lot left to do. :) I did keep working on some of the other WIPs I've started for this and am nearing a finish on the Wish ornament:

And as for my recent finish mania, this has nothing to do with these starts since I won't get it done by the end of July, but there's some chance Rachel and I have been discussing starting more projects this year, so I'd be aiming for a finish near that time.

This is Siberian Forest as it was when I pulled it out this year. Some of you may remember this from way back in 2011 or so when I started it. It's been out occasionally, but very rarely.

The main reason this came back out and why I'm interested in finishing it is Pattern Keeper came out, and there was finally a way I could get my head around stitching full coverage HAED projects. To the end that I'm over halfway done this one now and really want to finish it to have my first ever HAED finished this year! And then start all the rest... perhaps not all. 

This is where it is after Sunday, June 28:

I'm at the bottom, this is as far down as it goes, so it's quite a small piece by HAED standards, only about 20K stitches. I do think a finish is possible this year, and I think it's going to be a focus while I have this mania to finish it and see if I manage it before I burn out. 

I hope you've all been staying healthy and happy stitching!

Tiffstitch

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love the tiger head. Just beautiful and fantastic progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd also thought about 'Christmas In July' but have far too many other things going on to get my head around that as well! Good luck with yours though.
    Love your new WITW start, even if you didn't make much progress. And as for Siberian Tiger, I expect progress will be rapid now that you have PK. All of those parked threads previously must have been so confusing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking this morning that you could do a Fall into Winter, maybe taking August and/or September off. Your tiger and Wish are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, the tiger is gorgeous! Well done you! I've also dug out a lot of Xmas projects... Don't know why really; normally I tend to match my cross stitch to the present season. Must be something about this crazy year...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo I love the fabric choice for Whispered by the Wind! The tiger looks great - you made such a good dent in it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Spooky Gate, perfect for the 13th start.
    Pattern Keeper is working so well for your tiger. It really seems to be a great app for full coverage pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spooky Gate looks great! Is this perchance related to your first binge start, the one with the colour issues?

    The tiger looks great! PK really is making such a difference for projects like these. I'm positive you can finish this one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that Spooky Gate pattern - looks cute! And you have made a start!! Well done with the progress on the tiger! I’ve never heard of PK, interesting!
    Nice to see your progress.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect 13th start, what fun!
    Wow, great progress on your tiger, you should have no problem finishing it this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...