Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Fully Finished Gallery - November Edition

 I finally made it! I've been meaning to post on Rachel's FFO gallery for months now, but kept not quite managing to get a post up in time. This month I'm determined to do it. I even have multiple things to show now too. 

First up, this has been finished for a while:

Siberian Forest QS by HAED
stitched 1 over 1 full cross as charted on 28ct Monaco 

I had a few 6x6 inch frames for Mill Hill finishes and turns out this fits just about perfectly! I even washed it, since it was a little grungy after being stitched on since 2012. There wasn't any bleeding of colour thank goodness. 

And I'm really excited about my next finish. I gifted it to a friend who is also a bibliophile:

Sleep is Good by Circus Stitches
stitched 2 over 2 with Caron Waterlilies Plum and Soie Cristal green
on 28ct Bacchus by Chromatic Alchemy

I found these bags at Michael's. They're canvas, lined inside with something silky-looking. They have handles and a zipper. I think they're intended to use as bridesmaids gifts, that kind of thing, but it works pretty well for this. It didn't take very long to complete and I think I even managed to pin it on straight, enough that my friend took a sec to realize I had put it together instead of purchasing new. That's always a nice feeling that you did it well. 

Someone had a big birthday around here, and since things are such that there's really no ability to have a party, I wanted to try and make something special. I found these in Issue 13 of the XStitch magazine as part of a pattern for a slot machine. 
Are You Feeling Lucky? by Stitchfinity
stitched 3 or 4 over 1 with stash threads on silver perforated paper 

I chose rainbow colours since DD loves rainbows and is always drawing and painting them. I had some idea of making 7 of these with individual colours, but that didn't quite work out. I had some Dinky Dyes Down Under Blues left to make 2 sections on these and I thought it was a good indigo colour. 

I still need to finish up lots of other projects, so let's switch to knitting as well, since they are easier to fully finish. :)

I managed to complete 2 pairs of socks in the last few months for gifts:
Sweet and Tartan socks by Traci Millar
knit with Fiberstash Fire Engine Red and Charcoal

These were completed for a friend who loves red/black plaid. I'm so glad they turned out well. It's all mosaic knitting, and the heel is a little different from the usual gusset, which I thought made them a little tight to get on when I checked the size. No complaints from the recipient, who has slightly smaller feet, so perhaps not an issue for her feet. If I make them for me, I'll just be sure to use my normal heel. 

"vanilla" socks, no particular pattern, cast on 64 stitches per sock
Yarn is If I Wanted Exposure by Blue Moon Fiber Arts

These have been mailed, so hopefully they will fit as well when they're received. I enjoyed how the yarn knit up and sort of striped a bit. I've had this for a couple years from when Countess Ablaze released a dye lot for any dyers interested as long as they were going to contribute some of the proceeds to charity. It's a nice yarn, with a good twist so you don't catch the threads. This is the only Blue Moon yarn I've owned/used so far. 

And that's everything I've finished so far. If I can get myself in gear, maybe there will be more for next month. 

Stay well and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch







15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that Tiger is stunning.
    Love the socks, such sweet colors.
    That is a great idea for a bag, thank-you for the heads-up where you bought them.
    Happy Birthday to the birthday person.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work this month. I didn't realise how small the Tiger is! Love that bag, it does look very professional.
    The 7s are great too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it's just a little finish, but my first HAED ever, so still counts. :)

      Delete
  3. So many wonderful stitches! I love that Tiger. I am going to buy the chart about books now so thanks for sharing that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in the SAL! I love all your finishes. You must be so glad to have Siberian Tiger done and dusted after all those years of neglect. He looks wonderful.
    And belated Happy Birthday to DD; it doesn't seem that long ago since you mentioned she was starting school. How time flies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it is so nice to be finished that one.

      Delete
  5. Great collection of finishes. I love the bag, 7s and socks, you've been very busy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it helps that I haven't posted in months. :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful finishes. I need to get some finished too. I just love the way your tiger fit in the frame. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finishes this month! I especially like the red and black socks, that mosaic knitting looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...