Monday, November 9, 2020

Naughty November - Start 1 - Little Girl with Teddy Bear

 Here we are again with another month of new starts! Let's forget about that other new start last month... At least I finished it, right? Anyway, Rachel and I definitely didn't have enough of our new starts from April through August, so we had to sneak a few more in before the end of the year. Rachel had hers set for a while, and some lovely fabric choices as well. I thought I wanted to try and keep things small, and hopefully get 4 finishes with the 4 new starts as well. 

First up, I've had this one in my stash for at least a couple years and have wanted to stitch it for DD. Her favourite stuffed animal is a teddy bear that she was gifted on her 3rd day of life while we were still in the hospital. She carried it everywhere! It's been almost lost a couple times, and now that she's a little older, he stays home when she goes out, just so there's no more incidents. 

Here's what the chart looks like:

and I've changed up the colours a bit:

Little Girl with Teddy Bear Under the Tree by Handblessings
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Rubescent by Chromatic Alchemy with DMC Coloris 4210

I plan on finishing this up tonight, then next weekend might be another Handblessings, or possibly something from the latest XStitch magazine. Stay tuned! And happy new starts to everyone else joining in!

Stay well and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch


22 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute is that? Not only is the design gorgeous, but the threads give it that special something. Looks like it won't be long before your first Naughty November start becomes a Happy Dance! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have another one, so I'm thinking of finishing them sort of back to back if that will work.

      Delete
  2. Love your new start Tiff. The floss looks great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your new start, especially with that floss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable, and the floss looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty new start Tiff, looks like you’ll soon be finished!
    I can remember actually losing my teddy when I was in hospital as a child, so I can certainly relate to your daughter’s tale.
    Look forward to seeing your other new starts too!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That would be terrible. Already a scary location and then losing your bear. We left Nou-nou at a local aquarium once, and fortunately no one else walked off with it, but after that, we made the new rule. She's not as attached to it, so will forget it more then she did when she was little. Although, we have a back-up (shhhh!)

      Delete
  6. This is a lovely design and such a pretty thread. I need to get some of the Colouris threads.
    Good luck with all your starts this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's actually Variations, not Coloris, so please keep that in mind. I ran out and when I checked, I had it incorrect.

      Delete
  7. What a cute little design. I am sure your Daughter will appreciate it and the sentiment behind it. Looks like you will be finished with it in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous little design which someone in particular is going to love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tiff: Sop sweet, I love the color thread, the Teddy is adorable, I am looking forward to seeing it finished.
    Have a great day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh lovely design and great story behind it. Love the color your using.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a cute story, a great start, and very well done getting it almost finished in one swoop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I love the FB group, lots of people joined, that's awesome!

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...