Monday, November 30, 2020

Naughty November Week 4 - Honest Santa - I Didn't Do It!

Here we are, the last(?) start of this year and the last Naughty November start. Please check out Rachel's post so you can see what everyone else is working on as well. 

I've had this chart for a few years, and I really like the picture of it, but I hadn't started it until now. 


I had Friday off, so I would have had a little extra time to stitch, but DD was needing to do a lot of things, so we went on a hike, scooter (foot push) ride, all kinds of things since the weather was very nice. That means I didn't get a lot done, and once I started, I realized there's approximately one million fractional stitches in this. Ugh... Perhaps this is why I hadn't started it yet. 
Honest Santa - I Didn't Do It! by The Sweetheart Tree
stitched as charted, 2 over 2 on last scrap of Tempest by Chromatic Alchemy

I had some idea of finishing this for a gift for DH, but I don't know if that will happen. So many fractionals... my goodness. Possibly if I get a thread length in per day that will help me finish it off. 

On an easier stitching subject, I did use my extra days off to get a lot more done on the Prairie Schooler Santa:
2009 Santa by Prairie Schooler
stitched 2 over 2 with DMC blanc, 816, and 890
on 28ct Haunted by PTP?

There's still a decent amount of stitching left, so I'm not sure if I'll finish this one before the end of the year either. But that's okay, it's an easy one to pick up and work on now and again. 

This has been a fun month of new starts and a couple finishes! I need to FFO the 2 I finished and gift them to DD for Christmas this year. I think she'll like to put them on the tree. They're not quite square, so I can't finish them back to back, so I'll do it individually. Hopefully I'll get them finished for Rachel's Fully Finished Gallery next month!

Happy Stitching, and stay well!

Tiffstitch
 

10 comments:

  1. Sweetheart Tree are never simple designs! But they are beautiful. The Santa looks great too.
    I actually had a start and fully finish this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved Sweetheart Tree designs and have stitched many of her hearts, but they aren't easy. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they're not, but they are really gorgeous, and the fractionals are worth it. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I too like The Sweetheart Tree designs, lovely Naughty November projects

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek... not fractionals! I avoid them at all cost. I hope you can still finish it by Christmas. It is cute and I believe that the dog is telling the truth!

    Thanks to both you and Rachel for organizing Naughty November and I look forward to joining you guys in March!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how cute are those big floppy ears?! I don't think it matters if he did do it, who could possibly be cross with him! At least you're using evenweave, so the fractionals are easily stitchable, even if the amount is frustrating!
    Glad you enjoyed Naughty November, especially as you used it wisely to stitch Christmas goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Sweetheart design, what a cutie! Who could be cross with him?
    Shame about the fractionals, I try to avoid them, but sometimes it can’t be helped.
    Great progress on Prairie Santa too!
    Good luck with your finishes!
    It’s been fun joining in with the new starts, sorry I was late but my post is up now!
    A big thank you to you and Rachel for organising or I might not have stitched what I have, tee hee! And you’ll see on my latest post that I’ve found a sweet little calendar stitch from CrossStitcher to keep me X stitching!
    I even have a couple of finishes as a result of NN!
    Big hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute start, and you already stitched his eyes and the adorable look on his face!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...