Monday, November 16, 2020

Naughty November Start 2 - Little Girl with Ornament

Another weekend in November is gone already, and here is start (and finish!) number 2! Please check out Rachel's post so you can see who else is joining in the fun. 

Last week I'd started on Handblessings Little Girl with Teddy Bear ornament, and I managed to finish it since it was so close. I still need to add the charm:

Little Girl With Teddy Bear by Handblessings
stitched 2 over 2 with DMC Variations 4210 on 28ct Rubescent by Chromatic Alchemy

And the piece of fabric I had was just big enough that I could also fit on another Handblessings ornament. This past weekend I started Little Girl with Ornament:

I used the same fabric and thread, although I ran out of what I had with this much stitching left:

Fortunately my work isn't that far away from Michael's and despite the fact I was a little nervous going on with the increase in COVID-19 cases around here, I found what I needed and got in and out quickly. 

And then another finish besides needing the charm:
Little Girl with Ornament by Handblessings
stitched 2 over 2 with DMC Variations 4210 on 28ct Rubescent by Chromatic Alchemy

I'm still debating a bit for this weekend's start. I might pull out something small again since the last weekend will give me a bit more stitching time because it's Thanksgiving in the US and I have Thursday and Friday off. I have something that's been hiding in my stash for a while that's been waiting for a good excuse to start and I think this Naughty November challenge is it! 

I hope you're all staying healthy and safe and happy stitching!

Tiffstitch



19 comments:

  1. Oh, now you're just showing off!!!!!
    But seriously, two starts and two finishes is fab, and they both look fantastic! How fortunate that you were able to find another thread.
    The problem is, you've now given me food for thought for another challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, what should we do next? ;) Thank you! And I hope to actually get them finished this year too.

      Delete
  2. Well done Tiff! Two finishes, that's brilliant!
    Good job you were able to buy more thread!
    Look forward to seeing what you stitch next.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And me too. I did some organizing to sort of finalize my end-of-year ideas.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on finishing your first two Naughty November starts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely finishes, I'm glad you found the thread and your trip was not too stressful, stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great Tiff! I love the look of the variegated threads in these pieces. Congrats on another finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I hate running out of thread that close. Glad you were able to stop and get some. Beautiful finish. Can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been very busy, I like the Girl with Teddy so much, Girl with ornament is so sweet, the kitty is adorable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. These two look lovely! I like that thread too. I made a list of all the Variations and Colouris I need. Only another £58 worth and I have the entire collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm afraid to make that list, but that sounds fairly reasonable.

      Delete
  9. Thank you! That's all I have for this year, but they are very sweet, and fairly quick with only one colour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that's so cute! And great you managed to finish both of them already. Looking forward to your next start!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such sweet pieces, especially with the kitty! I like the way the variegated red looks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...