Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness 2021 - March Edition and February Wrap-Up

I'm finally managing to get myself together enough to post for Gifted Gorgeousness! Hosted as always by the excellent Jo, please check her post to get the links for everyone's posts and check out their lovely works. 



I haven't managed many posts this year so far, but I have been very dedicated to keeping up with the huge HAED I started on New Year's Day, Amazing Animal Kingdom. Another WIP was finished this past month, as well as a bit of work on a few others too. I got a little behind in my stitching for Animal Kingdom while I finished Princess and the Dragon back in January, but I'm almost caught up to where I had hoped to be by now, well over 20K stitches! 

Enough talking, what have I been stitching? 

In Harmony - for DH

In Harmony - kit by Dimensions
stitched 2 over 2 or 3 over 2 as charted, tent and full stitches with kit threads and fabric

I started this one many, many years ago, when I was still into cross stitch kits and unaware of any other options. Shortly after starting this, I discovered this whole other world of cross stitch designers and charts and fabric that I obviously had to try! So this hasn't had a heck of lot of work over the past few years, but will get a fair bit this year. One of the Facebook challenge groups wants you to stitch on your oldest WIP if you don't have a WIP that fits that week's challenges and I think this is currently my oldest WIP. 

When I pulled it out this year, it looked like this:

Kiss for a Snowman - for DD
Kiss for a Snowman - Dimensions kit
stitched as charted with kit threads and fabric and a bazillion French knots!

This one has been hanging around since CJC of 2015 I think. I'm so glad to get it finished off. I'm thinking a flat fold might be a good way to finish it, although I might just frame it as well. It's so nice to finish!

Do Not Meddle - stunt stitching
Do Not Meddle - by Dragon Dreams
stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct Monaco with charted DMC

I'm so far behind on finishing this one, but I still have some hope it will happen this year. One whole dragon to stitch, and less than half of another isn't too much stitching to do. 

Twilight LeMans - for DH
Twilight LeMans - by Heritage Stitchcraft
stitched 2 over 2, 1 over 2 on unknown 28ct fabric
with DMC as charted


Another one that's been hanging around since 2015 or 2016 and those Crazy January/February Challenges, and you can kind of see the cars now, which have some weird quarter stitches to try and get the shape. Hopefully they'll turn out okay. 

Moon and Back - for DD
Moon and Back by Heart in Hand
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct linen with Gloriana threads mostly

This is a long narrow piece, and mostly words, so I don't think it will take too long if I'm able put a little bit of time into it. Plus I'd like to get it done while DD still appreciates this kind of stuff. I know she might not in another few years. 

And now, the project some of you might have been waiting for, Amazing Animal Kingdom! Last time I showed it, it looked like this:

And now, one full page is done and over 3/4 of another is complete, plus some into another 2 pages, and there's a little over 21K tent stitches into this one so far:

Amazing Animal Kingdom by HAED and Aimee Stewart
stitched 2 over 1 tent stitch on 32ct experiment 19 by Chromatic Alchemy

I'm still pretty happy with this one, and it's neat seeing all the animals appear. There's the cockatoo, a gorilla, a parrot or macaw, a cheetah below that and an elephant is starting to appear with a baby right below it. I'll still stick with it and see how it goes. If I use this as a focus piece, it will take a few years to complete, so we'll see if I can stick with it. 

Stay well and happy stitching!

Tiffstitch





8 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Great work on all your projects, it's nice to see some of the older WIPs getting some attention.
    Love the way the animals are increasing in number too. This is going to be so much fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it's interesting to see them come together, I look forward to working on this epic one.

      Delete
  2. Tiff: Wow that wolf is amazing, such a beautiful colored fabric.
    Kiss For A Snowman is amazing, it looks like you used beads instead of French knots.
    You have done a load of stitching, Kingdom is really showing how much work you have put in, I so love the Orangutan.
    Have a lovely day

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did all the French knots, which I actually prefer to beads. :) Stay well!

      Delete
  3. Lovely projects, especially Animal Kingdom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've got a lot of stitching done for sure! Love the animal kingdom, but also your Snowman finish, the wolves and dragons. Great going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many gorgeous projects! I love the wolf design; I have a few of those in my stash too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching, Tiff! Love the snowman finish:) You are doing a great job on all your projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...