Monday, March 15, 2021

Mischievous March Start #2

 Another new start happened this weekend! I hope you're all enjoying the new starts you've chosen and the frog hasn't been visiting. Don't forget to join up on Rachel's post and cheer everyone else on as well. 

This week I opted for something a little bit smaller, although it's still not a "small" exactly. 

Mill Hill 19-2013 - Cindy Cane

This reminds me a lot of the mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, which is one of DD's favourite books and TV shows once that came out. There's a Christmas special that she absolutely loves, so I thought I might get this one done by Christmas. It will be close to 5"x5" when it's complete, so not very small, but there's not a ton of beads in this one either. 

I managed to get a good start, although it's a bit scattered because of a monthly challenge from Facebook. You have to stitch 100 stitches in certain colours, so that's mostly what there is here, groups of 100 or 200 stitches in the same colour family. 

Cindy Cane by Mill Hill
stitched 3 over 1 with stash threads

A decent start and not a ton of colours really, so a Christmas finish is possible. 

I hope you're all staying well and happy stitching!

Tiffstitch


12 comments:

  1. Tiff: I have not seen this design before, it is adorable.
    Have a wonderful day

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very cute new start! Goes well with my Mischievous Mice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's true! I hadn't even considered that.

      Delete
  3. Love your new start Tiff.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new Christmas start! Hope you finish it in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a realy cute one! I'm sure you'll be able to get it done by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how cute is Cindy?! I can see why DD likes the book with a similar character.
    Love how you combined two challenges together too. Must make you feel very slightly less guilty about a new start!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...