Thursday, September 24, 2026

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #84 - Joy by Seba Stitches

I felt like a bit of a change, so pulled out this free design from Seba Designs. Due to restrictions in her county, she cannot sell her designs online any more, and I believe this one is still free in her Facebook group. 

I did a floss toss with a scrap of bright fabric with some Silks4U advent threads

It seemed like this would work similarly to the photo, it's a Dinky Dyes thread, the precursor to Silks4U, so figured it would be somewhat similar. I thought the blue could be some of the outlined part that's the darker purple in the top photo. 

Joy by Seba Designs
stitched 1 over 2 on 28ct scrap fabric 
with PR178 by Silks4U

This didn't get that much work on it. I had to frog a bit early on, and then I was stitching another part, realized it didn't line up and I have to take out the whole box with the specialty stitch in it. So this has gone away to think about what it's done for now. 

I think given how many new starts I've had this year, only having one start get me so frustrated I had to put it down is a pretty decent average. And I might have forgotten one by now if it was early on. 

I do like how the colours work on the fabric, so it will sit and rest for a bit till I figure out what to do with it when it comes out again. 

I hope you've all had better luck with your stitching!

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch

2 comments:

Thanks for any comments!

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #84 - Joy by Seba Stitches

I felt like a bit of a change, so pulled out this free design from Seba Designs. Due to restrictions in her county, she cannot sell her desi...