Monday, September 14, 2026

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #79 - Pig in a Blanket by Designs by Lisa

Here we are again, another Designs by Lisa chart! She has so many fun designs, and I'm glad to be able to find a chance to stitch on some of them. This one will hopefully be for a friend who loves pigs. 

And I made a small start on this one on the top rows. I decided on a mottled mostly blue fabric with bits of beige/brown in it for the background and I think the colours will show up well. So far it's only the borders though:
Pig in a Blanket by Designs by Lisa
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct evenweave
with DMC as charted

This design also calls for Sullivan's threads, but I don't have any of those, so I'm sticking with DMC. I don't think this will be too long to finish, it's a lot of solid colour with some backstitch, so it will be okay. 

I just realized in the photo of the stitching you can see a pillow kind of glowing in the sunshine, ignore the bright blue bit, that's not on the fabric, but seen through it! I'll have to watch for that next time. That's one of those "mermaid" pillows, where it has sequins that you can flip from coloured to silver, and that one is bright blue to silver, and it will occasionally catch the sunlight and drive the cats a little bonkers trying to catch the light. 

I hope you've had some good days of stitching!

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments!

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #79 - Pig in a Blanket by Designs by Lisa

Here we are again, another Designs by Lisa chart! She has so many fun designs, and I'm glad to be able to find a chance to stitch on som...