Monday, September 28, 2026

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Starts #85, 86, and 87 - Traditional Santa Ornaments by Bucilla

This is another one of the Restash bargains! I found this kit for $5

And I really liked the look of these. Smallish, but also useful for ornaments, etc. I managed a nice start on each of them with a few strands in each:
Middle Santa by Bucilla
stitched 2 over 1 on 14ct perforated paper
with kit DMC threads

Right Santa by Bucilla
stitched 2 over 1 on 14ct perforated paper
with kit DMC threads


This is the left Santa when I realized I had made a mistake on the placement of the red thread and had to unpick it. Fortunately it wasn't too difficult to unpick it and I fixed it here:

Left Santa by Bucilla
stitched 2 over 1 on 14ct perforated paper
with kit DMC threads

I think these will be fun to get back to, and it was good to go to back to some successful starts after the issue with Joy a while ago. 

I do enjoy these, very similar to Mill Hill, but less beads. There's some charms and bells to add, so that will be fun when I get to those as well. 

I hope your days have gone well, stitching or otherwise!

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch







1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing them finished, nice progress.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

2026 Year of 100 Starts: Start #96 - Evergreen Topiary by Mill Hill

Time for another Mill Hill! I've been debating my last 5 starts and this one was just calling to me, so it was time to start: I had a ki...