Sunday, January 14, 2024

Another Finish? x2?

Hello again! I haven't managed to stitch every day, but I definitely have progress. I had to take a couple days off after doing a sign painting with co-workers and ended up with black paint on my fingers. I was afraid it might stain the fabric, so took a break to be safe. However, I have ended up with one big finish from one of my 2024 focus projects! Here's where it was last time you saw it:
and now it's a finish!!
Evening in the Shire by Cute Patterns by Maria
Stitched as charted 2 over 2 on 28ct Moonscapes by Jodyri

I'm really happy with the finish on this one. I've seen it stitched on blue fabric which looks amazing as well, but this cool sunset-style fabric really appealed to me for this pattern. I had some idea of maybe giving it to my brother and SIL, both LOTR fans, but I do really love it and might have to keep it for me. :) We'll see. Definitely tight framing on the sides since it has an almost unfinished look on the right side. 

I managed to finish this early on Saturday afternoon while watching some PWHL games. I don't know if anyone else is interested, but you can stream every pro women's hockey game on their Youtube channel. They've been fun to watch and I'm so excited women have a chance to play hockey professionally if they want. I have a friend that refs in the league as well, so it's great to see her able to enjoy continuing to be involved in professional hockey. 

So, since I had finished this one early on, I picked a smaller project that I'd had hanging around for a while. I don't love this one, only because I chose the wrong thread to work with at the start. I persevered though and I finally finished it! This is where it was when I picked it up last night:
and the finish!
Assisi tree stitched in opposite by Passione Broderie
stitched 1 over 1 on 18ct beige Aida
with Caron Snow 06 - Cedar Green and DMC Metallic red

Someday I'll remember that Caron Snow is really only for hardanger fabric or needlepoint, not for aida. :) I didn't mind the DMC metallics too much since it was only a short amount of stitching. I still had to use 3 thread lengths to make the star since it kept splitting. Anyway, now it's done and I'm very happy to have it in the finish drawer. I think a flat fold might be a fun way to finish it when I get some time. 

Now I have to decide what to pick up next. I have a couple weeks "free" of my monthly focus project now, so I could try and get a few days on the loon, or pick up some more smalls to finish them up. I'm happy to hear suggestions if anyone wants me to pick up a certain project! I hope you've all been having a good start to the New Year. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful finish, my DH and don sre LOTR fans. Good luck with your projects in 2024

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, go you! Congratulations on the first two Happy Dances of 2024!
    I see what you mean about the right hand side of Shire looking unfinished but agree that tight framing will solve it.
    Yes, yuk to DMC metallics! They do give amazing results but are an absolute pain to work with.
    Now that your stitching mojo is returning, I'd say work on whichever WIP appeals to you the most (although I'd love to see Warm Winter Wishes, given the season).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohoo Fantastic finishes. If you like the shire you should keep it. I sure would. I made a random dice roll list. Then I can roll a dice when I can't decide haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - somehow I didn't think you'd finish The Shire this month, and you even finished early! Sorry for underestimating you. Very well done, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised too, it just kind of came together all of a sudden. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Woohoo, congratulations on the finish for The Shire. Did you track how many days it took? I'm thinking I could probably stitch it in a month. Not sure what fabric to go for, if my blue is too dark.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...