Monday, January 1, 2024

2024 Plans

Here we are with potentially a good year of stitching, unlike the last couple. I think starting the New Year with positive thoughts, without pressuring yourself is always okay. 

I'd like to try and focus on 12 WIPs next year, one each month. It's okay if I don't finish them, but it would be nice to catch up a little. Also, there are Olympics next year, so I'd like to join Rachel in stitching something unique or special for the Olympics. I'm debating about a new start that I keep stitching on, or find one of the BAPs that really needs some love. It's the Summer Olympics and Paralympics this year as well, July 26-August 11 and then August 28-September 8. Plus I can pick up smalls any time if I need a break from the focus piece. 

Here are my thoughts for 12 focus pieces:
In Harmony by Dimensions

Do Not Meddle by Dragon Fire Designs




Believe in the Magic of Christmas by Durene Jones

Universal Monsters by Witchy Stitcher

Stormlight Archive by Taylor and Cromwell

Quaker Christmas by Lila's Designs

Symphonic Romance by Summer House Stitche Works

Ondulations by Jardin Prive

Happy Christmas by Prairie Schooler

Witch's Gate by Whispered by the Wind

Evening in the Shire by Cute Patterns by Maria

My first project will be to locate all of these, then I can sort out the order for next year. 

These are my thoughts so far, what does your New Year look like stitch-wise?

Happy New Year everyone, and may you never break a needle!

Tiffstitch



9 comments:

  1. Looks like you have lots of stitching ahead! Good luck in meeting your goal, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely projects and 2024 plans. I usually miss stitchy events but this year I am going to try to make a note of them (such as the Olympics)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not till July, so you have time to plan as well. :) Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Love the wolf, what an amazing creature, nice progress on all your stitching, I am looking forward to seeing your progress this year.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices. I went overboard but I'm having fun with stitching challenges right now haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fact your first project is to locate your WIPs! Hope that's a goal you can achieve quite quickly.
    I think your plans to just focus on a few WIPs rather than getting bogged down by all of them is a really good idea. It's interesting how most you've chosen require only a few colours; visibly quick progress is always good for morale!
    Happy New Year! Here's hoping that 2024 is really positive for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going with these plans, you should be able to see at least a couple finishes this year! So exciting! Hope you are able to find everything quickly so you can dive right in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous choices for this year. Life in the Shire is on my list too. Love the Witch's Gate and the Meddle with Dragons too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...