Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Knitting Finish and Quandary

Hello all! I managed to finish those socks for my mom:
Vanilla sock pattern size 2.75mm ChiaoGoo needles
Christmas Robin colourway by West Yorkshire Spinners

Then, given my loose end again from the recent small finish, I decided to skip ahead to one of the other monthly focus pieces. We were still catching up on Star Trek Strange New Worlds and Lower Decks, so I went with a fairly simple one, Symphonic Romance. Last time you saw it, it looked like this:
Symphonic Romance by Summer House Stitche Workes
stitched 2 over 2 full cross with WDW Grape Ice
on 28ct evenweave from Jodyri

and now it looks like this:

and it's a little over a quarter complete. However, I realized that where I thought I had 4 skeins of all the same colourway, I actually have 2 skeins with the colour scheme above, and 2 with a much darker grey. I started it on the top right side, and in case it's not obvious, I also took a close-up:

So I've put this aside for now and I'll see if I can find more Grape Ice and see what colourway it has. I'm definitely not frogging all that I've done, so it's possible it will be a restart or a UFO. For now, it will be put away and I'll likely chose another monthly focus project. 

In knitting news, I'm almost done a pair of shortie socks in that same colourway above, DD wanted a pair to match Grandma. I'll show the finished pair next week. 

I hope you've all had more successful stitching weeks!

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch

8 comments:

  1. Love the socks. They look so warm.
    Oh that's horrible about the dye lot. I worry so much about that and always overbuy when I need those kind of threads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And yes, I thought I had the right amount, but must not have looked closely when I picked them up.

      Delete
  2. Shame about the non-matching dye lots but actually I think it might look kind of cool if you did the upper right and lower left corner in the darker colour - make it look deliberate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm too far on the one corner to do that, but still debating. Thank you for the idea!

      Delete
  3. That's such a shame about the dye lots, as this is a gorgeous piece of work. It would be a shame to discard it so I would suggest you keep looking until you find the correct match (even if it takes a few years!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm contemplating. The photo on 123stitch looks the same as what I've stitched, so wondering if I can reach out and get an answer about what they have in stock before ordering.

      Delete
  4. Great socks but so frustrating with the dye lots on the thread.
    Serendipitous Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...