Monday, January 22, 2024

What? Another one?

After completing Evening in the Shire, I was at a bit of a loose end. Clare mentioned on one of her recent posts about wanting some Santas for a new Christmas tree and I checked in with her about a different kind of Santa I had in my stash. 

It was a fun little stitch and took 3 days total to stitch. 
MH18 - 2034 Santa Cruise
stitched with kit threads and beads on perforated paper

And then I was at another loose end! So I picked up Loon Lake to get a few more stitches in. 
Loon Lake by Crossed Wing Collection
stitched 2 over 2 full cross
on 40ct linen by BeStitchedMe

I had finally kitted up the threads needed, besides just using my cone of DMC 310, or at least so I thought. I realized quickly that I had actually kitted up the small chart that was included with this one, so I needed to get different threads to work on Loon Lake. Also, I've been stitching 2 over 2, which feels a bit thick now, however, since the photo includes a reflection of the loons, I'm thinking I'll continue as I am, but either do the reflection in 1 over 1 full cross or 2 over 2 tent stitch. 

On another day I picked up another small Mill Hill, Winter's Feast to get a few stitches in. Last time you saw it, it looked like this:

and now it looks a little bit more like something:
Winter's Feast by Mill Hill
stitched as charted with kit threads and beads on perforated paper

I can't remember why I put beads in so soon. That seems a little odd, but maybe it was for a challenge, back when I was participating in those? 

I'm not sure if I'll pick this up again or work on something else. The last couple of nights I've been working on finishing up some socks for my mom while we catch up on Star Trek Picard and Strange New Worlds. If you were ever a fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation, I think you'll really enjoy the last season of Picard. 

The socks are the colourway I mentioned in my December round-up. I only have about 10 more rounds of stockinette stitch until I start the toe, then I'll be done this pair. 

That's all for my week, I hope you've all had good stitchy and fibre craft weeks as well!

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch



10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Santa, thank you. The Mill Hill looks good, a finish would be very satisfying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I still need to get it mailed, will do that this week hopefully

      Delete
  2. Congrats on more great progress another finish! Santa is really cute in his holiday outfit and will be a colourful addition to Clare's tree.
    Regarding Loons, I personally prefer half stitches for reflections but, when you get there, just try different stitches and see which looks best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will add another dimension having the different look, thank you!

      Delete
  3. Great work on everything. Love the Santa. Santa on holiday haha. Wohoo progress on the loon take that hubby haha. Love the bird feeder MH. I might have that one in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's very supportive, but also knows me too well. ;)

      Delete
  4. He's a fun Santa! I must make a decision on what I want to stitch for the tree too.
    2 strands on 40count is quite bulky, good idea to experiment for some portions of the design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wish I'd thought about it before I started. It's a bit late now to pull it all out, but then that would be easier than finishing something that's a pain to complete. Still debating.

      Delete
  5. You'ver certainly had a productive month! What a cute Santa finish, and great job getting a head start on the loons, too. The 2 over 2 looks thick, but not too crowded. I think I'd try tent for the reflection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do want it to stand out, so I'll see if it is annoying to work on, or just needs care. I mean 40ct does anyway, as does linen, so it's maybe just something to take my time with.

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...