Monday, January 12, 2015

CJC Day 12 - Homeward Bound from Cross Stitch and Needlework

This chart is from the November/December issue of Cross Stitch and Needlework. I started it to be a gift for my Grandma's 90th birthday. I ended up not being able to get to her birthday party because I was in the hospital, and I never did finish this one. I would like to get it finished for her since she's still doing well at 91.

Her birthday is in November as well, so I have some time to get it finished. Most of the complicated confetti is complete, so it's mostly the outer areas of satin DMC and beading to finish.

This is where I left it in 2013:

And here is where I got today.



I've reached the outer edge of the left side so I need to repeat that on the right and top and bottom, plus all the filling stitches. It's a lot of DMC S5200 which is a little frustrating in the slipperiness and how easily it knots and frays. There are also some Kreinik stitches, but those don't bother me as much. However, I do need to keep a needle for the metallic and a needle for the satin separate. The metallics needle definitely shreds the satin thread easily. 

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

1 comment:

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...