Thursday, March 3, 2022

Beijing Winter Paralympics 2022

Here we are at the start of the Paralympics when Rachel and I will try the somewhat Herculean effort of finishing 12 dragons in 10 days. The Winter Paralympics are shorter than the Summer Paralympics so it will be a challenge! 

This is where the entire project was at the last look for the Summer Paralympics last year:

I'll start with the top left one tonight and see if I can manage to get it finished. There are a few specific Paralympic winter sports and I'll try and make a few posts about them when I can. For now, a few facts about the Paralympics:

- the first Winter Paralympics were in 1976 in Örnsköldsvik, Sweden
- the first Winter Paralympics were the first to feature athletes that had other disabilities, previously the Paralympics had only wheelchair athletes
- the first athlete caught cheating was in 2002 for positive steroids

I hope you're all able to catch some of the events. I'm going to try and have DD watch some to help her world view. 

Happy Stitching and stay well!

Tiffstitch

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a challenge! I'll be cheering you on. And your dragons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Herculean task indeed, but then we like to challenge ourselves! I can't see you finishing all 12, but I think you'll make really good progress and it will be interesting seeing the before and after photos.
    From what I've seen of the Winter Paralympics so far, everything's just as adrenaline-pumping as the Winter Olympics, so maybe you'll again be doing more watching than stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't either. Some aren't that far along yet and stitching time is still limited some days. It's true, such amazing athletes!

      Delete
  3. That's quite an ambitious goal, looking forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

April Catch-Up!

Hello all! Busy month of April up here in the Northeastern US. First the big total solar eclipse on April 8, that was amazing! I've neve...